Newbie saying hi

Introduce yourself here. Post your eBay name if you wish and some info about your artwork. Or if you're a buyer post info about the dolls you buy.

Newbie saying hi

Postby Porcelain Heart on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:04 am

Hi Everyone!

I'm new! I had some attemps of making Ooak dolls a few years back, but I couldn't get the hang of it, and with little time on my hands too, I just gave up. Now I have more time, and more currage, so I've started up again :)

My real name is Malin, and I live in Norway - on a small island on the west coast (with lots of woods, mountains and sea, fairies and gnomes) I work as an designer/illustrator, but I'm having a hard time converting the images in my head into 3D-figurines. Practise makes perfect they say. I'm not sure about that, but I will keep trying. :-D

It's good to be here. Can't wait to get to know you all!
Porcelain Heart
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Re: Newbie saying hi

Postby Tenderspirit on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:03 am

Welcome Malin! Don't give up, everyone starts somewhere and everyone develops their own style. I loved the fairy you did and the avatar picture is beautiful. Your eyes look great and to attempt teeth you are really brave. Big Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby phairee004 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 am

Hi malin
welcome to ODA!
i think its wonderful you are starting again, taking a break, its a great breath of fresh air sometimes to get you going again....no matter how long break may be...its been a month since i sculpted anything (yikes!) but as for now i am taking a break and but cant wait get back into the swing of things...
it sounds so lovely where you live! i would love to see some photos of the view from your home....
i am looking forward to getting to know you as well and seeing what you create. there are lots of tutorials to find here or you can just ask, its a very friendly & helping community here :)
i hope you will stay.
hugs
~candis

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby PixieKnoll on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 am

Hi there, Malin!

Greetings from sunny Florida, USA all the way to you in the elflands of Norway! It's wonderful to meet you! Your home sounds beautiful and very inspirational for creating sweet little ooak creations. I encourage you to not give up! Everyone has to start some place. I am most certain that the more you work at it, the better it will get. I can promise you this! Remember to have fun and enjoy what you are doing. Don't force it to happen because that will cause frustration. Take your time and enjoy just creating and everything else will fall into place. You will see. :-) I can't wait to see what you create.

Hugs,
Lori
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Maggie on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:29 am

Welcome Malin to oda. You will find a treasure trove of help here from all the tutorials and the members here are always willing to help, so just give us a shout.
Maggie

Postby Dezhire on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:34 am

Hi Malin!!
Welcome to ODA! I'm so glad you are here. We are a just a big family here, so don't be shy.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, trust me, someone will be able to give you an answer.
Hugs!!!
Amy
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Return to Introductions