Very in depth Reborning a Doll Tutorial

Artists can use this forum to give free online sculpting seminars.

Very in depth Reborning a Doll Tutorial

Postby Tenderspirit on Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:59 pm

I had to post this here is the system will not allow me to make a new catagory or I don't know how to make it :oops: But I thought this tutorial would be very helpful to those who have never reborn a doll.
I would not suggest buying all the colors they suggest but have a list below of what I feel really would be necessary:
flesh 08
white
purple (pyrote I believe) it is a light lavender looking color
genisis red
ultramarine blue
patharo green (2 I believe)(excuse spelling) LOL
burnt umber (brown)
Yellow (if making blond eyebrows)
black (if making black eyebrows) But you may use a different kind of paint for this tiny addition of eyebrows
The flesh is for the skins first layer or so
the red, tiny bit of burnt umber, and tiny bit of blue, is for the blushing and lip color
the green and blue are for the veins
the pyrote purple is for coating the inside of the doll to give it, it's undertones and a little on the eye lids
Be careful not to use a dark purple or your baby will look bruised also I would suggest not using a water based paint on the inside of your baby, I am not sure but I tried it on a couple of them as I thought it was saving money and I believe when I actually baked the genisis pain layers on my babies the latex water based paint inside the pieces made the baby's skin shinney. I am not sure that is what did it but I think very strongly it is. So, personally I do not do it anymore as I don't like the baby's skin to be shinney. Also too much heat when baking or baking too long will make the skin shinney.

I did not create this tutorial but they have given people permission to link to it and so I want to share it with you. As time allows I will find others too. If you have a link to anything relating to making reborns you are also more than welcome to add it to this thread.

http://www.angelsunawares.net/sipro.html

Please look at the links at the top of the page and the drop downs in each section as they have a whole bunch of different sections to their tutorials. I very very good free resourse.

I hope you enjoy it. Big Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Jules_NZ on Thu May 01, 2008 12:26 am

It does look like fun
Something to give a go...when time allows ;)
Jules_NZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Very in depth Reborning a Doll Tutorial

Postby muts on Thu May 01, 2008 1:22 pm

that looks cool, couldnt decide at the beginning if i should go sculpting or reborning route, still quite fancy it
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 pm

It is quite fun though it is quite pricey too. UGH
Big Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Yovanka on Mon May 12, 2008 6:38 am

This is great info Tenderspirit!!! WOW
Also apart from reborning.. those colour guidlines
can help general OOAK painting too ;)

Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yovanka
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Raffa on Thu May 22, 2008 9:53 am

thanks Tenderspirit for the sharing...maybe a day i will try too ...!!!!
http://www.raffacreazioni.it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raffa
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri May 23, 2008 9:38 pm

As soon as we get the forum updated, and I get back from vacation, as I will be gone from this Sunday for about 10 days. I am going to add a complete section for reborning. I will be adding some featured artist too both in sculpting and reborn artists. So, hopefully we will have a bunch more information for you. And I am sure that there is a lot of different things we do in reborning dolls that you can also do in sculpting. Most of the reborn artist now use genisis paints and the painting techniques will be helpful even on polymere clay I believe as Yovanka has said. I have yet to pain a polymere clay baby but hopefully one day either someone will make one and ask me to do the painting, or I will make my own. Then I will have the first hand experience to let you know what I have found out. I do know though that in the reborn community there are sculptors who do both, sculpt the original dolls, to be made into vinyl kits, and reborn vinyl kits of others as well as the ones from their sculpts. So, hopefully that will be added to ODA soon too. I am trying to also update the look of ODA to be more magical with the help of Xena but as with all of us time is always limited and we are always doing a thousand things at once. Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:04 am

OK Elsie, here is your chance to make your own tut. I want to learn how to do this so bad. You mentioned online parties. How about an online doll tut. Like a live interactive classroom. Any one of us can do a demonstration and we can all ask questions. If the forum you were talking about can also record the session for editing like the one Kendra has going, you could start a new section where each of us girls could do a video tutorial to show the tricks we have learned. I think it would be awesome to be able to not only help each other now but all those who join ODA later. Just a thought.
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Return to Free Online Seminars