Please help Should we put in a facebook poster in this forum

ODA website suggestions and questions.

Please help Should we put in a facebook poster in this forum

Postby Tenderspirit on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Julie and I would like to know if you all would like Julie to install a module that will allow you to share your post on Facebook with the click of a button.

Being many of you are frustrated with Facebook I did not know if you would want it or not. My understanding is it will share the first Post in that thread on your Facebook page. Not sure if they will see all the comments too.

On one hand I thought that would be a great idea, but did not know if it would make the forum less personal since the comments might be posted on Facebook for all to see. I believe the person who makes the post can post it on Facebook, but not sure if everyone can or just the person who wrote it.

I will have Julie do it if the majority of you think it is a good idea. Might help to bring more people here, dunno.

So please will you all comment on this and tell Julie and I what your feelings about it are, both good and bad. We will keep this post up for awhile before doing it so we can get your feedback. My thought is that if we don't like it, after trying it for awhile, I believe Julie can uninstall it. But Julie will have to comment on that as she better understands what it does than I do. Please put your questions and feedback in this thread. Please do not fear putting a negative remark here as we want your true honest feelings about it.
Hugs Tenderspirit (Elsie) :hat: :hat: :hat:
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Please help Should we put in a facebook poster in this f

Postby lastingmemories on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:32 am

I think it would be a great idea, especially for those that are looking to market their work. I know that not everyone likes facebook, but I have to be honest with you. I love it. I do not sell on eBay or any other selling site, simply facebook and my website. I am booked until September/ October and have been booked all year using these formats. Perhaps just limit it to the selling arena this way personal posts are not being put out there.
Debra C. Jadick
Lasting Memories Reborn Nursery
http://www.lastingmemoriesrebornnursery.net
lastingmemories
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Gardens Of Utopia on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:20 pm

I honestly think it would be a great idea too. It might help people to come here more as well seeing that they wont have to double post.. :D
Gardens Of Utopia
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby phoenix-nights on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:24 pm

lastingmemories wrote:I think it would be a great idea, especially for those that are looking to market their work. I know that not everyone likes facebook, but I have to be honest with you. I love it. I do not sell on eBay or any other selling site, simply facebook and my website. I am booked until September/ October and have been booked all year using these formats. Perhaps just limit it to the selling arena this way personal posts are not being put out there.

I have to agree with you on maybe just limiting it to the selling arena, I personally don't have a facebook any more as I found it a little to personal and I'm quite a private person, however I may return one day but only if I manage to make anything decent and wish to sell there :)
phoenix-nights
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:24 pm

We have added it, but not sure how well it works yet. Julie was working on codeing so it will do what she wants it to do. But there is no way to limit it so only selling posts can be posted. If you hit the share on Facebook button at the very first post it then creates a link to that post. I am foing to try it on this thread and see what happens on my Facebook, I think I can always delete it. hehe Hugs Elsie

Well I tried it and it is still posting our meta data and a picture of one of the avatars, not sure if it chooses the one on the first post or what. Maybe it is random. hehe Well we will see how it goes, I know Julie is working on it. :coffee: :coffee:
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to ODA Website