We are going to have online Parties Yippee!

Guest & Potential New Members:
Please read here first!

We are going to have online Parties Yippee!

Postby Tenderspirit on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Okay I believe I have found a platform for us to have online parties. Yippee! I would like to know how many of you actually have a web camera? I am going to go on ebay and buy one of the cheaper ones I saw, it was like 10.00. and see how it works if it is even worth doing it. I have a good one myself, but I know some can't afford them etc. But the platform will allow like 10 or more people to be on video so we can actually see each other, and it will allow chat underneath and allow sound too. I think it would be really fun for a bunch of us to get together and try it. I am still looking into the specifics but would like to know what you all think and what would be a good time to have our first party. It is a free service so no cost to you unless you need to buy a web cam. And you do not have to have one, to join the party and be able to chat by typing. If you have a web cam then your picture will be on the chat thing too so we can see each other and hopefully talk to each other. I have never tried it so not sure just how well it works. I have tried it as far as watching someone elses. They were not doing any talking but I will investigate more. Just wanted to get your feed back and see what time was good for everyone. We can have several of them for the people with time differences. Please let me know what you think, I was so excited to find this and for it to actually be free, as most of the others I found would cost us around 25.00 a month. So lets see how it works.
Big Hugs Tenderspirit :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: We are going to have online Parties Yippee!

Postby Sharon-nz on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:04 pm

wahooo I have one built into my laptop not ever tried it but lets do it how cool is that :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Inge on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:37 pm

What a fun idea, yeahhhh lets party.
Inge
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:11 am

I have one on my laptop too. I only played with it a little. LOL I hope it will work good for us. You can hear each other and see up to 12 people at one time. I think it is really cool, I was just in one of the rooms and the sound is a little bit weak but you can hear. We will have to play around with it, you can also play a video at the same time so there is music etc like a real party. As soon as we all decide a time let me know. I think it might be cool to do on Friday night next Friday. Let me know as time zone things are kinda hard but even if only a couple of us try it first that might be good as we can learn the bugs with just maybe us three. Or we can try it sooner if you would like. I am a real night person so I can be there whenever just about. LOL I am pacific daylight time for California so you will want to match your time to mine. I am thinking about putting the party thing right here on the site so it is easy to find. Not sure about how you sign on so I will see if I can find out some answers, I am not seeing many directions for it right now. UGH Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Dezhire on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:10 am

Hehe...what a fun idea. I don't have a webcam, but for this I may have to invest in one.
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:59 am

I have one but i would have to put a bag over my head.....LOL
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Maggie on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:06 am

I dont have one but my hubby reckons there's one around somwhere. Like Linda I may put a bag over my head lol
Maggie

Postby jadine on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:03 am

I do have a webcam on my netbook :)
Ok let me know when the party is, gotta put lot of make up on (Think a bag would make it difficult to see and talk LOL)
Jadine
Image GET WELL SOON DEAR MAGGIE!
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Natalie on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:39 pm

What is that? A "bag over my head" online party? Nice... :mrgreen:
Jadine, it could work when everybody writes her name on the bag and cut in a hole to speak :-D

Great idea, Tender.
"We've got to get in to get out"
Natalie
Honored Poster
Honored Poster

Postby echosheart on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:55 pm

I have one :) yay finally get to use it as well!!!!!xxxx
echosheart
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby Natalie on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:54 pm

echosheart wrote:I have one :) yay finally get to use it as well!!!!!xxxx

What? A bag or a cam? :mrgreen:
Natalie
Honored Poster
Honored Poster

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:54 pm

by Natalie on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:39 pm

What is that? A "bag over my head" online party? Nice...
Jadine, it could work when everybody writes her name on the bag and cut in a hole to speak

Natalie, OMFG That made me laugh so loud my kids had to come down and see what was up with me. LOL Good one.
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby echosheart on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Natalie wrote:
echosheart wrote:I have one :) yay finally get to use it as well!!!!!xxxx

What? A bag or a cam? :mrgreen:

Lol Natalie, both haha, but I meant a cam! I use the bag on a regular basis!!!! xxx
echosheart
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby caza5 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 am

i have one too a cam and a bag lol xx
caza5
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Dezhire on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:25 am

I have a bag....I have lots of bags! I have them for every mood and occasion. I even have one with really long eyelashes...I have a really really large one that fits over my whole body...yep you got it, a Body Bag! I do not have a cam though so I don't have to wear my bags to join the party...wait, maybe I will anyway since it is a bag party.
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby jadine on Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:31 am

[quote="Natalie"]Jadine, it could work when everybody writes her name on the bag and cut in a hole to speak :-D
quote]
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Jadine
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Natalie on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:21 am

Dezhire wrote:I have a bag....I have lots of bags! I have them for every mood and occasion. I even have one with really long eyelashes...I have a really really large one that fits over my whole body...yep you got it, a Body Bag! I do not have a cam though so I don't have to wear my bags to join the party...wait, maybe I will anyway since it is a bag party.

Oh Amy... that's so great. I already love the bag with the eyelashes although I haven't seen it yet. :rotfl:
And the full body bag isn't bad either... :rotfl:
Natalie
Honored Poster
Honored Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:02 am

If you guys want to you can check out Http://www.tinychat.com I am so excited to find them. Things in the video conference moved fast, I did not find them before so not sure how long they have been around. What you want to do is go to a room with quite a few people. Then sign into the room, you can sign in without a web cam and just watch and listen. Sometimes they aren't saying anything it is kinda wierd they just are all on camera. LOL One room though they were talking.

You guys are too funny with the bags, good lord we aren't going on a dateing site. LOL We are all just all friends some much younger and some us much older like me, think I am the oldest. But how fun for all of us to see each other at the same time, at least 12 of us, and some of us could sign off the video part if there were more than twelve etc. I think as we do it we could try and with so many of us all ready haveing a web cam we should try it before anyone goes out and buys one to make sure it will work for us. But Amy I don't know if you have a Walmart but they have cams for about 20.00 or so and staples has them I am sure you can find them reasonable I just ordered two from ebay I think 14.99 with free shipping. Not sure of the price but not expensive so I am going to try the cheap ones too, and then the good ones I have. I think the cheap ones just make the movement a bit more jerky. I know too that you can use skype and get free one on one long distance video calls to eachother. Kendra is on skype and Fury girl too I believe. I have not tried it yet. LOL I have the web camera but never hooked it up. ROFL and my laptop has one built in, I did some messing around with it but never the call thing. So I am sure we will all have to learn to actually use them and find out what is the best way, I know I downloaded a program to use mine as there were no instructions on how to use the one that was built in and the program they gave me with it. I think I figured that out later. Been awhile though. God it is hell to have a mind soooooo full of stuff I can't remember the other stuff. LOL
So if Friday Night a good night for any of you to try it? If there is only a couple of us that is okay for the first trial? I can open the room and then just send you the login url and I think you don't even have to sign up to do it, I will just password protect the who can post etc. I think too it even will record it if you have the professional version, which if this works good I will sign up for it. That way if we had a party and some people could not come I can record it and the others could at least watch it. But as I said we will have to play with it and see how it works and learn all the ins and outs of it.
Big Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Sharon-nz on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:54 am

Sounds really exciting thats for sure
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Gardens Of Utopia on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Im in!!!!! I got a cam. I am VERY shy but I am in...

Also YOU ALL CRACK ME UP! Jadine you are so cute. Amy LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ body bag. You silly <3 <3
Gardens Of Utopia
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Gardens Of Utopia on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Signed up :)
Gardens Of Utopia
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Sharon-nz on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:03 pm

I think I signed up LOL........
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Dezhire on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:01 am

*giggle*
Janis, sweetie, you don't have to be shy around us. We love you!
I won't be here Friday, bummer, let me know how it was.
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Karnidina on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:50 pm

Sounds like an awesome idea. I already have a web cam and haven't used it in forever. It would be nice to connect the faces and voice to the people we talk to here everyday. I'm kind of a little anti social tbh but I think you all are just a nice bunch that I won't be all in my head. But cool idea.
Karnidina
Frenzied Poster
Frenzied Poster

Postby Gardens Of Utopia on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Amy your the best <3 Love you girl. That sucks you wont be here :'( :'( :'( Hopefully the next one :D

I have social anxiety big time but if I keep telling my brain "hey your still on the net don't worry about it" then maybe I can do it. I will try my best! I might shy away and move my face but I will try. Lets hope my mic works. That makes me worse! LOL
Gardens Of Utopia
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby jadine on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:41 am

*Having a blonde moment* where do I sign up?
I have skype bytheway!
Jadine
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Dezhire on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 am

LMAO..."A Blonde moment"...WAIT A MINUTE, I'M BLONDE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I am having a "Brunette moment"...I think you have to go to Http://www.tinychat.com and sign up. I haven't done it yet though...hmmm, does that make it a "blonde moment" instead?

Anyway, love you too Janis, I would be so thrilled to talk to you face to face (per say). That's how I feel about all of you, it would be such fun to chit chat with you gals.

Oh, I just wanted to tell you, Elsie, I love your new avatar. You look wonderful!
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Thank you Amy it is more the real me. The old lady. LOL
I am thinking we really don't have to sign up for this. I think I just open a room, and we all know the time, and I can post the login here, that is my understanding. Or actually anyone could open the room and you have to get the login to the people you want to come, but they don't actually have to be a member. Then I or who ever opens the room is the moderator and if you open the room and say it requires a password to post or upload, something then you would also need that. Dunno, and actually don't know if I need to have the professional account to keep it private, because I saw many of the rooms did require a password to get into them. Let me check on it a little more or if one of you find something let me know. Maybe we could do this next Friday or Coming Monday or whenever you want to try it. I almost forgot and here it is Friday night almost, I just picked up my mother yesterday so my life is getting a little more complicated just trying to adjust to her scedule, and medication etc, she has one darn pill that she can't take until 4 hours after she eats, and one hour before she eats again everyday, pain in the butt that is. LOL Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:03 pm

did I miss it......:(
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:11 pm

I signd up but I am even more confused now. Did I miss it......LOL
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:29 pm

We did not do it tonight Linda. Noone has really told me a time. LOL Do we want to do it next Friday or do we want to do it sooner you all have to let me know. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Sharon-nz on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:43 pm

Im not sure of times being in the back of beyond but a friday for you would be a saturday for me or saturday would be a sunday so that would work for me otherwise I would prob be at work. But you guys test it out any times that are suitable for the majority
:yes: :yes: :yes:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby jadine on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:14 am

Dezhire wrote:LMAO..."A Blonde moment"...WAIT A MINUTE, I'M BLONDE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I am having a "Brunette moment

Lol Amy sweetie. No offense meant, I just learned that way of saying and found it lovely :)
Thank you sweetie <3
Jadine
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Dezhire on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:28 am

jadine wrote:
Dezhire wrote:LMAO..."A Blonde moment"...WAIT A MINUTE, I'M BLONDE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I am having a "Brunette moment

Lol Amy sweetie. No offense meant, I just learned that way of saying and found it lovely :)
Thank you sweetie <3

Oh no, I was not offended in the least!!! Don't worry, it takes a lot to offend me. I think it's hilarious (even though I am blonde...I know I'm not "blonde" like what you are refering....LOLOL). HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!!
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Natalie on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Tenderspirit wrote:We did not do it tonight Linda. Noone has really told me a time. LOL Do we want to do it next Friday or do we want to do it sooner you all have to let me know. Hugs

bump :flower: just that we don't forget about that :flower:
Natalie
Honored Poster
Honored Poster

Postby Sharon-nz on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:18 pm

good thinking :flower: :flower: :hat:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby carota72 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:50 pm

I have a bag toooo!!! Have I missed it?
What do you think having a silent bag (me) watching you? I don't know if I will be able to speck... So a quiet bag whit two holes for eyes will be too creepy for you? LOL
carota72

Postby Tenderspirit on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:30 pm

I am still waiting for everyone to let me know if Fridays are good. LOL I did not really get a yes or no from anyone. I just thought maybe you guys were not interested. Okay, I am going to work on this and plan on doing it next Friday night,
July 23 at 6 pm Pacific Daylight time. California, time. LOL So you all can tell me if your interested, I will post the username and password here in this thread that way I think all I have to do is tell you where it is and you just use the username and password and you don't even have to sign up for it. I think. But will try it out with someone first and make sure I can get the darn thing to work.
Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Sharon-nz on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:47 pm

I think that is Saturday morning for me so that works........... cripes I will have to get up early and put my face on :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:40 am

Sharon you are too funny. Like we are all girls here anyway. LOL
Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Sharon-nz on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:41 pm

hehe Im pretty rough in the raw ( I mean my face not the rest of me but then that prob is pretty rough as well nowadays) :loony: :loony: :loony:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby jadine on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:18 am

I think that's 2 am in Italy. Guess I will be in bed :( Have fun guys :)
Jadine
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Sharon-nz on Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 pm

oh bummer............ set the alarm clock :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :zzz; :zzz; :zzz;
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:56 pm

I am going to try to see if this works sometime tonight and make sure I can get it figured out. Even if there is only one or two of us that is okay for this first one. Then we can see if it is worth persueing for us and do some at different times. It is free so we can do as many as we would like. We could have a couple a week at different times so everyone has a chance. Heck I am up all night long any way, LOL So I could do one at 3 am my time. I am not real good with time zone stuff so it helps to know it is 2 am in Italy at 6 pm PDT for me. Not sure of NZ time either but know Jules is up still with me sometimes earlier am's lol. Sharon what time will that be for you? Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Sharon-nz on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Oh gosh I have no idea...... its 6.45pm here now....... I tried a world clock but its hard to work it out it looked like maybe 3.00am might be 10.00 pm here I think your early evening is my morning
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:50 pm

Sharon your post says it is 10:46 pm I am thinking that is my time.(no my time is actually an hour later than the forum time) LOL I am going to post this message and see what time it says it is, I am not sure my post post the forum time or not ugh. So if the forum time was 10:46 pm and your time was 6:45 pm that would lead me to believe that you are actually only 4 hours earlier than me. So my time 6 pm at night would be your time 2 pm (so no it would be 3 pm your time) If as I said the stupid forum time is my time. LOL But I will edit this once I post it if that is not correct. Then you will know by looking at your own post what time it says unless the time changes for each of us which it does not look like it does as the time on your post does not match the time you said it was. ROFL oh my we will get this right. Each of you need to create an account as I told it everyone had to have one, it is free just go to http://tinychat.com

To get to our room you go to http://tinychat.com/ooakdollart/ it will ask for password I think. But let me check this a little more I am just now doing it. LOL

Also there is a setting once you get there up at the top right that says choose your webcam click it and choose it, then choose your microphone allow it to get the info you might want to do that as a practice first you just go to tinychat and create a room, then choose your webcam and microphone you can't hear yourself talk but there is a little indicator in the middle top that shows you if you are coming across. there is also a written chat so if we have problems we can try and work them out together. ROFL I am sure this will take us a little while to get right. But heck it will be fun. also by trying it first you can see what you will look like on the screen only the more people in there with web cams the smaller each picture gets we can have up to 12 on camera, pretty cool I think I have to allow each person to talk and I believe I know how to do that. I think what we should do is put our nicknames here in this thread and I think I can send you an email before I am ready to start not sure how all that works but I will also post it right here in this thread when I am starting like 15 minutes early so if you are subscribed to this thread then you will get an email notice. That too will tell you what time it is your time, when it is almost 6 pm my time. That will help us all know what your time is compared to mine so we can set up some that we all can be on. Okay that is it for the moment. I will post another post if I have more to add. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Tenderspirit on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Okay you guys. I think a way for you to know when 6 pm my time is compared to your time is by makeing a post in the forum and seeing what time the forum says it is. If the forum says you posted at 5 pm then it is really 6 pm my time. So by that you can tell how the times are. I am just one hour later than forum time. I hope that helps. So I am going to open the tiny chat at 5 oclock pm tomorrow night forum time (which is really 6 pm my time) and God hope I remember and my mother does not have something I have to do that interupts me. ugh but at least give me 15 minutes leway. As it never fails she has some crisis when I am trying to do something. LOL
Hugs and hope to see you Friday night it is actually 12:56 am for me early Friday am LOL
Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Sharon-nz on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 pm

LOL I think the forum actually gives us out own times if I remember correctly when I signed up for it I am sue it asked me what my timezone was .......... I have subscribed to this now so I dont miss the posts.......... so hopping you are right then 6.00pm would be right for here although I am a day ahead of you as its the 23rd here and friday night

cripes I hope everyone can understand that gibberish.... must have had blonde fingers :rotfl: :rotfl:

so 8.00pm on friday evening here now
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Sharon-nz on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:06 am

Tenderspirit wrote:Okay you guys. I think a way for you to know when 6 pm my time is compared to your time is by makeing a post in the forum and seeing what time the forum says it is. If the forum says you posted at 5 pm then it is really 6 pm my time. So by that you can tell how the times are. I am just one hour later than forum time. I hope that helps. So I am going to open the tiny chat at 5 oclock pm tomorrow night forum time (which is really 6 pm my time) and God hope I remember and my mother does not have something I have to do that interupts me. ugh but at least give me 15 minutes leway. As it never fails she has some crisis when I am trying to do something. LOL
Hugs and hope to see you Friday night it is actually 12:56 am for me early Friday am LOL
Tenderspirit

Ok so that looks like it will be 1.00pm for me I think - will give it a try anyways............we can only try :wave: :wave:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:23 am

Sharon look at the forum time now. That will help you know when 6 pm is for me. Did I do it an hour the wrong way. For me right now it is 1:21 am

Also the password is odaparty so you just go to http://tinychat.com/ooakdollart I hope and put in that password just make sure you sign up first you can actually try it ahead of time I think but not sure. I could reboot my laptop and we could try it now. As I am not sure my microphone works cause I can't hear myself in my earplugs LOL Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Sharon-nz on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:28 am

ok am in there now LOL
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:59 am

sorry I did not know if you would get it. LOL I will boot up and come in now. Darn it I guess I missed you. ugh I still have it open on my laptop just in case you are still there LOL. I did not see your message for about 25 minutes.
Well we will get it together. I could not figure out how to get into the darn thing. LOL I guess I used the wrong password I used the one I sign in with and it required the odaparty one to actually open it for me.

Okay you all you will also have to give me your nicknames here and if you actually want to talk I think you have to let me know in the chat and then I can allow people one by one. they really don't have any good instructions that I can find anywhere how to use the dang thing. I did watch a couple utube videos that helped.

Hugs Tenderspirit

I might try too, to open a little earlier than 6 but can't promise, I am going to put a big note to myself on my computer LOL so I don't get side tracked. I am soooo absent minded sometime I don't even know what time it is so am going to remind myself to actually set an alarm. ROFL.
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:53 am

Okay you all this is what I believe you do. LOL you login with the odaparty, then you go to the little thing above where my picture shows and on the right hand side is a tiny ciclcle looking thing, you click on it you select your camera, then select your microphone, then hit next then you click on yes or no for headphones. it may ask you when you click on it for a password it is the same odaparty that is the only one I used for whatever. LOL to make it easy to remember for all of us including me. LOL I am trying two cameras. one on my laptop which is much better and one that was a cheap 15.00 or so through ebay and I think it was free shipping. It does not work as well but has built in lights and mic. you just have to speak loader than my nomal voice with it, as my voice is not too loud and low tone. I do notice a slight lag before the sound comes out. I am not sure but I might have to use that one as I do hear the sound come out of my speaker with it where I don't hear the sound on my laptop out of the earphones. ugh so I am sure we will get this all worked out and figure it all out between us. I think really it is simple enough. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Sharon-nz on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:56 am

Yep sorry I went to bed :zzz; :zzz; as had done double shifts yesterday on Helpdesk and was had it......... it seemed to work very well so we shall test it today :bouncy: :bouncy:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Okay I am going to do a party at 6 pm my time and another one at 1 am my time. Hope that will help more of us to get together. Carota said the 6 pm one was 3 am for them so the 1 am for me, will be 9 am for them. So just letting you all know. I am excited about this as there is just nothing like actually seeing the face while you talk, it is hard to know how someone receives your information when you can't see their face. So I much prefer talking to someone in person and getting an immediate reaction. Not as scarey as throwing something out on a post etc, then waiting for a responce.
Plus the room is ours so I can set up more monitors incase some of you just want to use it to talk to each other etc. And the way it is set up the public cannot hear it or see it but it is listed so can be found. Really I think the technology is a miracle and for free it is just wonderful. I thought the video was very clear, especially for the cheapo one I bought on ebay it even had its own 6 little strong lights on it to do video in the dark. Hugs and hope to see some of you there, without your bags. LOL
Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Sharon-nz on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Yep I will be there for sure ....... as long as I get my times right, I might just log in and leave it and watch to see when others join in LOL
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Okay everyone I just wanted to let you know it is going to be in about 2 1/2 hours from now. Then again in 6 hours from then. Sharon hopes to be able to be on both, Candice and Janis hope to remember to be on the first, and Linda Moores we also have a thread going on facebook. LOL http://www.facebook.com/ElsieRoachVSMM?v=wall&story_fbid=105183539536825 but just don't give out our password so strangers can watch it. ugh

That is why I made it so everyone had to at least register. Also when you make your choices I think if you are not using earphones you might have to push the button to talk, it is up in the middle top where it shows you your mic volume.
I am excited to really get to meet you all, how fun is this. Yippee!

I am in there now if anyone wants to come early and try it out. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:39 pm

Just wanted to let you know we are still at the party it is 8:39 PM my time. Will also be in there at 1 am my time. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby phairee004 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:09 am

i had a blast elsie! thank you so much for doing this, i enjoyed seeing yours, sharon's, natalie's, & janis' lovely faces...and the voices behind them. it was a really neat experience for me and now my daughter wants to have one with her friend back home where we are from. it's been a couple of years since we've seen them so i think tinychat.com was really a great way to connect people on a virtual face to face level!
way to go for finding this elsie!
when's the next one ; )
so hopefully i can get myself a head phone microphone like yours : )

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby *enchanted_faerieland* on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:44 am

aaaahhhhhhhhh I missed this :( when will be the next one?
Gaby

Hugs from Jalisco, Mexico ^^

A.Gabriela Z.Rodriguez - AGZR*STUDIOS on ebay
Find me in facebook: http://es-la.facebook.com/agzrstudios
reach me at deviantart http://agzr-studios.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*enchanted_faerieland*
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Sharon-nz on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:45 am

phairee004 wrote:i had a blast elsie! thank you so much for doing this, i enjoyed seeing yours, sharon's, natalie's, & janis' lovely faces...and the voices behind them. it was a really neat experience for me and now my daughter wants to have one with her friend back home where we are from. it's been a couple of years since we've seen them so i think tinychat.com was really a great way to connect people on a virtual face to face level!
way to go for finding this elsie!
when's the next one ; )
so hopefully i can get myself a head phone microphone like yours : )

Your daughter was sooo cute - I loved the two kids chatting to each other while we watched it was so cool to see them interact :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Sharon-nz on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:46 am

*enchanted_faerieland* wrote:aaaahhhhhhhhh I missed this :( when will be the next one?

I think anytime we want to ........ :wave: :wave:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby muts on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:31 am

im totally blonde, i cant even work out how to join pmsl
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Sharon-nz on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:55 am

muts wrote:im totally blonde, i cant even work out how to join pmsl

LOL just follow the link and register for an account and thats it really :wave: :wave:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIjlkYa_qbQ&NR=1 This video on utube tell you in Spanish how to create a chatroom so that you can also do it with your family for those who understand Spanish better than English. I just happen to find this. LOL And thought it would be good to add here.

I will find a good one in English too. I think this is an awsome way to stay in touch with your family who might be in other countries and it is free and you can have up to 400 people in at one time, with 12 of them on webcams.
this one tells you how to create a chatroom in English
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZSyGpSB ... re=related
Since I all ready signed up I am not sure how to tell you to register as I don't get the regular screen, ugh but I think you just go to http://tinychat.com and there is a place to sign up. put any questions in this thread and hopefully one of us can answer them. ROFL Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Inge on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:19 am

aaaaah i missed it, just was sleeping out my jetleg ;(
Inge
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby phairee004 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:46 am

Sharon-nz wrote:Your daughter was sooo cute - I loved the two kids chatting to each other while we watched it was so cool to see them interact :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

thank you very much sharon! she really is a great kid! she was just fascinated with the whole video chat! it's something she's never seen before! hopefully we can hold one at another time when my other little one is up so she can say HI!
i cant wait for the next one! and hopefully natalie's little guy will be there too :)

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby mstbleu on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:45 pm

I'm sorry I missed this! Can someone please let me know when the next web party will be?

Cheers!

Gwen
I believe in dragons, good men and other fantasy creatures.
mstbleu
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:04 am

Not sure if any of you will see this before tomorrow but I am game to have one Saturday. If we did it at 1 or 2 pm Saturday that would be 8 or 9 pm for our Italy people, not sure what time it would be for Sharon NZ though. but if anyone reads this, I had to cancel my trip this weekend, or lets say the person whom my mother was going to stay with had to. I may have to bring my mother to Sac tomorrow night though so I am open for Saturday some time. For Candis and Janis they are 3 hours later than me, and I think Sharon is 4 hours earlier we figured out. LOL I am pacific daylight time. California time. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Inge on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:53 pm

Maybe this link is helpfull for the time's in different countries.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/p ... 67,103,179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can make your own world clock on this webpage and save the link to your computer.
Inge
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby phairee004 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:48 pm

hahaha that is great inge! thank you for finding that for us!
i got so mixed up last friday with times but it all worked out and it was fun seeing just the few that started it off!

elsie, i am not sure if i will make it to this one, i have friends moving to hawaii and they are leaving this sunday. plus my little one will be up running around during this time...i want be able to enjoy myself...but if i can pop in during that time i will! have a blast ladies!!!

team maggie!!!

phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Sharon-nz on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:21 pm

I will try to remember LOL got real brain drain at the moment called menopause.......... sucks the brains right out of you :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Okay if I can get my butt up on Saturday, tomorrow and we did it my time 12 noon
it would be so that is what I am going to do. Hopefully won't be late. LOL I don't have an alarm clock I lost it. ROFL
Anehiem CA (me)Saturday, 12 pm (noon)
London, UK Saturday, 8 pm
New York Saturday, 3 pm
Rome, IT Saturday, 9 pm
Auckland, NZ Sunday, 7 am
Thank you Inge that helps, just so you all know as I see it lists Anehiem that is my time so will help you to know your time

if we do it at 6 pm Friday night for my time (just an example so we can all figure what is the best in the future)
Anehiem CA (me) Friday 6 pm
London, UK Saturday, 2 am
New York Friday , 9 pm
Rome, IT Saturday, 3 am
Auckland, NZ Saturday, 1 pm
so the 6 pm my time does not look too cool for our Italy or UK people.
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby jadine on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Ok, it's saturday 9.15 am here. How come there's noone in chat???? I woke up early and brushed my theet and put some make up just for you LOL! Where are you???
Jadine
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby jadine on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:57 pm

ROTFLMAO!!!!
It's at 9 pm my time!!! I'm 12 hours early!!!
Well at least I tried the chat and it seems to work!
Hope to see you later!!!
Jadine
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby PixieKnoll on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:59 am

LOL now THAT is funny! <3
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby jadine on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:38 am

Yes, I felt so dummy! LOL
My hubby was really ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING HIS A** OFF when I told him!!!
Jadine
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby PixieKnoll on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:44 am

HAHAHAHAHAA I guess I can't blame him. LOL
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby essie on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:52 am

Help I'm here all ready whit a head full of curls from walking in the rain, no make up and I really can't find out how.....HELP
lol
essie
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Dezhire on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:11 pm

Well darn it, I missed it!!!! I signed up but didn't know where to go...LOL

OMG, How do I find our chatroom????? I'm afraid of many of the other rooms I go by, I really don't want to pop into the wrong one by mistake *GASP* *FAINT*
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby jadine on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:24 pm

Amy we are still here on the party come reach us
go to http://tinychat.com/ooakdollart post the password odaparty. email me if you need help (jadine@dewfairies.com)
Jadine
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:53 pm

How fun, Carota and Jadine were at the party and I overslept, ROFL But Jadine and Inge were still there when I got up. So how cool is that, that even if I am not there if you are, you can still have the party. Yippee. So at any time you can meet in that room if you all would like to just chat with each other at any time of the day or night. As long as you have the password you can have a video chat in there. The ony thing I ask is please don't use the room to chat with other people who are not members as I really don't want others to be able to go and watch what we are saying without all of us knowing who they are. And the bad thing about that is if others had it not just our members you really would not know who might pop in. The good thing is that it does show you if someone else comes into the room, or if someone else can hear you.
But next Friday or Saturday night I am going to do it again, everyone just needs to tell me what is the best Friday or Saturday my time, our Europeans are 8 or 9 hours after me so my night is there day. But since I stay up all night then it works for me. The hard thing is for the people in the US to be there as if it is 1 am for me on the east coast it is 4 am. So I am also going to start a thread on Facebook about this as many of you are not getting your notices still through the forum. As you might noticed it is not locked at the moment so Julie can see if that might be part of the problem. I think not, but no harm for it not to be locked, LOL Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Yikes. 4am. That leaves me out. I get cranky without enough sleep. LOL I am not a night owl unfortunately. sounds like fun though.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Linda we can always do two of them, like maybe out international people would not mind it being pm for them just not too late. I am sure we can work it out. Also is cool to know that I don't have to be there so we could do it like an all day thing if we wanted so people could drop in when they wanted to and not have to be there right at some certain time. we could choose the day and then set the time like from 12 pm my time to 8 pm, or something and cordinate it through a facebook post or in here too. The room is available any time for all of you so even if only three or 4 can make it at a certain time they can do that too. I missed Essie, ugh. I was hoping I could just stay up all night and not have to go to bed at all but by 8 am I was wore out and could not make it another 5 hours. grrrrr
Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby essie on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 am

Hahaha Elsie you sure missed something: Me struggling to get my intergrated webcam working and when it finally did I got in a fight with my microphone LOL
I'm such a dork but this time it wasn't my fault, it's a bug that sometimes occur with Adobe.
But it was so much fun seeing Jadine and Sharon (en of course Inge but IO knew her already ;) )
A pity I had to stop, my daughter came home with her boyfriend and wanted to drink something with us.
essie
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Dezhire on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:43 am

:weep: BOO HOO!!! I missed all the fun!
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby jadine on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:01 am

Next time Amy! I tried to pm you when I saw you online and we where still in chat. Not sure you saw the message though!
I had a blast, guys it was soooo fun to see you! I stayed 6 hours on chat LOL! :)
Jadine
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby essie on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:05 am

Next time Amy dear :D
essie
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby phairee004 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 am

i really wanted to be there again! i saved yesterday for a GOODBYE day to my friends who were moving to hawaii today, needless to say they never came over and it really upset me! so, by the time i logged on everyone was gone : (
wouldve loved to have seen all of you !

team maggie!!!

phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Inge on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:58 pm

There will be a next time, it was so nice to see the people behind the avatars :)
Inge
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:52 pm

I am soo sorry I missed you Essie. I just think this is the coolest thing ever, and for free, who could imagine. It was just so neat to finally actually get to see Carota and Jadine, and Sharon and Natalie, and Janis and Candis and Inge face to face. And now too our very good friend Nefer Kane is going to join our membership. Yippee as so many of you all ready know and love her. How fun will that be. I just can't tell you all how special you really are and how I am so excited for ODA as I know little by little more and more people are going to come back, and new people are going to join. Sure some will not like it as there is no drama, ROFL but that is okay. We all need love, and we all need encouragement, and now with the new parties we can all really get to know each other in a new and special way. The written word is great but there is nothing in this world like actually seeing your friends smile and laugh and their eyes light up with excitement, and the true sorrow in their face when they are hurting and to be able to be there live in front of them telling them how much you care and being able to see it in your face as you say it. And then to be silly and make faces at each other and bring a new heartfelt joy. I must say that I feel truely blessed that God has given me each and everyone of you to bring to my life whatever it is in you that God believes I need. As I truely believe God brings us people in our lives to be mirrors and lessons. Some lessons as we see people be ugly, he shows us how we feel about it and therefore helps us to change the ugly in us, and some the good qualities so that he can help us to obtain those in our lives and then he gives us each other to help us maybe see things in a different light or from a different filter or maybe just in a different way that we have never seen it. So I think for all of us our journey started with Eneida's demon contest, we got that little sucker out into the open and shared it with eachother. Now I think the journey will continue through our friendships helping each other to walk through the old crap this world has subjected us to, to a new enlightened path and hopefuly a more painfree life. So that is my dream and prayer for all of us, that I with your help might be able to just shine a little light and brighten the path for someone or everyone who is brought into lives journey with me. Big hugs my dear sweet friends. So I am thinking I will once again have the party start at 6 pm my time, and just leave it open till whenever and I will be there at 6 pm and also 1 pm so that should allow for everyones times or I could do it from 12 noon again to 8 pm my time but I won't be there at 12 pm lol more like 2:30 LOL so you guys tell me what you want to do so we will all know when the other will be on and when to be there if we want to see that person. Maybe if we start now we can get it figured out. ROFL
Big Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Dezhire on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:34 am

Hmmm, I still don't have a webcam...Maybe I'll pick one up today (I said maybe...lol)
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby carota72 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:48 am

I will go on vacation until the end of the month... I will join the group when I will be back!
Have fun in the meanwhile!!! :D
carota72

Postby Tenderspirit on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:53 am

Amy you are so funny. Really is you feel too shy to actually be on the camera you can still come and use the chat or just a microphone and talk I believe. Not sure if you can use a mic without a cam but I can't see why not. It was really hard for me the very first time, until I realized good Lord we are all just women and all just good friends. Who the heck cares if my hair was sooo funcky which it was the second party as I had just woke up and did not realize anyone was still there. It was really so much easier than I thought it was going to be as I realized we really all are the same people on the camera we are in the forum. LOL Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby jadine on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:28 am

So are we having party this week? If yes what time?
Jadine
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Jadine, noone really gave me a time, I thought if I posted it early in the week everyone would let me know what time. LOL It is very frustrating for me as I just don't know when people want to do it. I know it is hard for people to commit ahead of time. But then I don't know what to do I stay home and don't make any plans so that I too can be here but then like the first time I had to be there for over 8 hours to make sure I did not miss anyone. I am going to be there at 6 pm tonight I can't be there at 1 am as I need to get my hours turned around to get up early Sunday to take my mother somewhere. Hopefully. LOL
If I can get up early enough tomorrow I will try to be in there at 12 pm my time but I am not doing well with getting turned around yet. LOL
Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Gaby I saw you popped into the room but not sure if you were having difficulties or not. I am in the room so I can hear if anyone pops in. Everyone you must sign up first it is very easy, then go to Http://tinychat.com/ooakdollart then the password for the room odaparty no capital letters, then hit broadcast and put in the password again and allow when the box comes up then choose your camera that is showing your picture then choose your microphone, then tell it you have earphones, even if you don't. It is best if you do though, as the sound coming from your speakers, will also come back through your mic and everyone will hear everything that is said twice, it makes it difficult. So I recommend that you have ear plugs too
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby *enchanted_faerieland* on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Hi Elsie, yes I got in twice. The first one my internet connection failed and the second one I got in but I think you was absent, I waited for a while and I had to leave. Maybe next time.
I have an old webcam but I don´t know if it will work since I changed my computer and has windows 7 and maybe it will not recognize my old webcam drivers.
Anyways, if a cannot install my webcam, i´ll use the chat at least hehe. I write better english than I speak it :sad:

I send you a big hug.
Gaby

Hugs from Jalisco, Mexico ^^

A.Gabriela Z.Rodriguez - AGZR*STUDIOS on ebay
Find me in facebook: http://es-la.facebook.com/agzrstudios
reach me at deviantart http://agzr-studios.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*enchanted_faerieland*
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Inge on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Im a sorry i could not be there this time, i was with my son in the hospital :( he had an allergic reaction, so i had to rush him to the hospital). When will the next session be????
Inge
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Gaby you can always go in and try it. I don't have to be in there for you to go through the process. To try your web cam you get into the room with odaparty as the password, then you hit the broadcast button on the top left, then put in odaparty again as the password and a box comes up tell it allow, so it will find your webcam, then you should see a picture of yourself if your webcam is working, and click on the live picture of you. That will select the web cam, then it asks what microphone, and will show you yours, click on it, then it asks if your using earphones, you tell it yes rather you are or not. Then that is it. You can then talk in your microphone and right in the top middle is a little graph thing that shows if your mic is working.
I hope that helps.

Inge I really need you all to tell me what it the best time for you as I have tried to give a time but noone tells me here in this thread if they are going to make it or not and I go in there and sit and wait but noone shows up. So we all need to decide on a time and day, both Friday and Saturday are good for me. If I know everyone is going to be there I can do my best to make my butt go to bed earlier so I can actually be up by 12 noon. LOL But is frustrating when I do this and noone shows up. So if you all will let me know then I will be there. I think the 12 noon time for me works the best for all of you below is Saturday but I could do it Friday so it would be Saturday for UK and Italty. Please post below so we all know who is planning on being there. Hugs
So here are the times Anehiem is my time.
Anehiem CA (me)Saturday, 12 pm (noon)
London, UK Saturday, 8 pm
New York Saturday, 3 pm
Rome, IT Saturday, 9 pm
Auckland, NZ Sunday, 7 am
East coast USA 3pm

if we do it at 6 pm Friday night for my time (just an example so we can all figure what is the best in the future)
Anehiem CA (me) Friday 6 pm
London, UK Saturday, 2 am
New York Friday , 9 pm
Rome, IT Saturday, 3 am
Auckland, NZ Saturday, 1 pm
so the 6 pm my time does not look too cool for our Italy or UK people.
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Next

Return to Welcome, Guest!!!