Hi everyone

Please post your pictures and tell us who you are so that we may see the real you. This forum was added but will be moving the old one here too, as soon as I can. Hugs Tenderspirit I love seeing who we all are. It makes me feel like I know you better.

Hi everyone

Postby echosheart on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:57 am

I know a large chunk of you know me now but thought I would do this anyway. I am Rachel and I am 25 (almost 26, 3 months to go) I live with my partner of 8 years in the same town as both of our families, which is nice having them so close by and we have the best neighbours in the world lol.
I work at a medical supplies company which really isn't what I want to do obviously but it pays the bills and with our products we save many many lives so that is a bonus.

I studied Graphic Design at college and although I do enjoy it, it isn't for me work wise, I have trouble with deadlines and working to what other people want, especially if it isn't something I am passionate about.

We don't have any furries anymore, our last little Rattie had to be put down over the easter weekend as she was really, really poorly and very old, miss her and her sisters terribly now though :( we do however have a cat next door who loves it at ours and our other neighbour has about 4 cats and 3 dogs so we are never short of animals round here :)

I enjoy painting and drawing but I am definitely not that great at it and I certainly feel more at home sculpting than I have ever felt about anything in my whole life.

I enjoy all the usual stuff as well, like Reading and watching movies etc and I have a big bonus in that my partner wants to be a film maker. He has already done his first feature and is now looking for funding for his second one, I am so incredibly proud of him and I hope one day with my sculpting for him to be proud of me as well.

I have struggled getting to this point and that will all come out in the Inner Demon contest but I am glad I am here and I love this place and everyone I have met so far, you are all wonderful and such a great support.

Big Hugs, Rachel xxx

Oh and P.S thats me in my avatar ( a little emo I know, sorry )
echosheart
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Hi everyone

Postby Tenderspirit on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:46 am

Dear Rachel: Thank you for shareing a part of you. If you need any help with your inner demon I just want you to know I am here. You can always pm me and I will do what I can to maybe shed some light on some of those dark spots.
Welcome and a great big hug.
Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby phairee004 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:48 am

hi rachel!!!
please dont ever apologize for who you are! you are a beauty...emo or goth or whatever. we welcome everyone here (even the nutty ones like myself, i bet lori is going to comment on that <------ hahahaha)

glad to know a little bit more about you. and im so sorry for the loss of your furbaby. i have a really bad one named rox and hes a bull terrier (ROTTEN).... cool about your partner and his film. wishing him best of luck with his next.
i myself am a movie junkie. i cant get enough of the newest and latest flicks...im always inspired by actors/actresses movie characters. im not so big on reading LOL! i have two kids and read only to them. i dont get the time for myself, nor time to sculpt when i want. so my work is rare around here. LOL!
i also like drawing and painting...on the side i do a little art like ACEO/ATC cards. if your not familiar with it, its tiny art cards about the size of trading cards. 2.5 x 3.5. just something else i like to do to make a little bit of cash when i can....
well looking forward to seeing more from ya : )
hugs
~candis

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby tryny000 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Welcome to ODA Rachel. Thank you for sharing with us a little about yourself. Hugs!
The Practice make's masters. Never give up.
Blog: http://doll-tears.blogspot.com

tryny000
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby echosheart on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 am

Hi Elsie, I will keep that in mind, thank you so much. You have all helped me loads already and I actually feel like I belong here and I am so grateful to you all for that :)

Aw Candis I hope your furbaby is ok, it is so sad when they are poorly :(
Thank you so much for that, I just don't feel like I fit in anywhere at the minute so it has been a struggle trying to open up, it is getting easier every day though :)
I love movies as well, except I do find I over analyse them now but that's cause I have seen what goes into the process. Aw I will pass that on to him, he is currently setting up his website so I will post a link if anyone is interested.
Reading for me is an escape, I seem to be devouring books at the minute lol but I don't have any children so other than work and sculpting (and the gym) my time is spent reading.
Yeah I have heard of ATC's I love the idea of them, do you have pictures of yours at all? Would love to see some. I am sure you will be seeing more of me over the coming months, I have nearly finished my first sculpt now and I can't wait to show you all, im excited and nervous all at once.
Thank you Tryny, it is lovely being here and I am happy that I feel I have people I can share things with :D

Big Hugs to you all, Rachel xxx
echosheart
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby PixieKnoll on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Candis was right....I just HAVE to make a post! :-D Candis was right about her being Nutty...but it takes one to know one I always say. *pokes Candis in the ribs to make her giggle*

Now, let me first say, Rachel.....your avatar.....you, my friend, have got to be one of the sweetest people I could ever meet. Your picture says it all. You might call yourself emo...and you may very well be, but, even emo's have hearts of gold and share that true treasure with people who know and understand them ....that true treasure I speak of is friendship and love. I can see these fine qualities in your sweet face and many more. I can tell you, that just from the little I know of you, I am pleased and delighted to consider you as a friend among the many I have found here.

I myself was a graphic design student......graduated about 10 years ago. Worked for a while as a art teacher for 5 year olds to about 13 years old...(kindergarten to 6th grade for us American peeps) and then a marketing asst. in a Pharmacy. Then, the jobs become scarce to find after that, until eventually I landed as a receptionist in a vets office. Nothing like working in a field you did not go to school for. haha So, I do know where you are coming from.

At any rate, I look forward to getting to know you more as the time goes by. The way I see it, you joined these wonderful forums on my birthday...so in a way...you are like a birthday present to me. HAHAHAHAAA! So, you are just stuck with that forever now. lol Doesn't that make you feel great! roflmao

Well, I also want to say I look forward to seeing your very first doll completed! I just as excited to see it as I am sure you are very excited to show it to us....(don't be nervous :-D I'm sure it will be fantastic)

Hugs,
Lori
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby fabrags on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:06 am

Hi Rachel,

We have already met but it is nice to know a little bit more about you, I look forward to getting to know you better.

Love Susan xx
fabrags
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby echosheart on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Hey Susan, Thank you, I was unsure about posting anything in this thread but everyone here is soooo nice I thought what the heck, I look forward to getting to know you better as well :) Love Rach xx

Hey Lori, You made me cry!!!! You are the sweetest person ever and I too am glad to call you my friend, you have been the best since I joined this wonderful place and you are so supportive and kind, I am really happy I know you :)
Phew at least Im not the only one who has had fun settling in a job (I just wish it was one I enjoyed a little more). What was it like teaching? I have a few friends who are currently training to be teachers, I don't think I could ever do anything like that, I just don't have the patience (mostly don't have it with myself and I know I would get so frustrated lol)
Lol, aw I didn't realise I had joined on your birthday, I guess I am a present to you then :) you make me laugh (in a good way though) and I am looking forward to getting to know you better as well.
Big hugs, Rachel xxx
echosheart
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby PixieKnoll on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:38 pm

*hugs* Rachel...you are such a sweet heart...don't let anyone tell you any different! As for teaching...well...when people ask me where my white hair comes from....it isn't from my own kids....let's just leave it at that! ROFLMAO. :-D I will say this much, there were days that it was very rewarding...and then...there were...those days....yes...THOSE DAYS!!!! hehe

Love and hugs to you!

Lori

(and thank you for such a sweet compliment, you really are just too kind <3 <3)
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Dezhire on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:13 am

Hi Rachel!!!
Welcome to ODA, yep, I've seen you around...so It's nice to meet you formally.
We are a big family here, so make yourself at home!!!!
I look forward to seeing all your works and getting to know you!
Hugs!!!
Amy
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Summersethomes on Wed May 05, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi Rachel, I'm new here too and also like to draw as well as sculpt..it's very nice to meet you

Hugs :)
Marisa aka Summersethomes
It's Just me....Marisa :)
Summersethomes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Return to Who are you?