Sometimes I wish I lived in the US

This is the Yelling box. Let your frustrations out here.

Sometimes I wish I lived in the US

Postby Katjasdreamland on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:16 am

I'm sooooooo mad right now!!
Posted one of my very first mermaids on facebook, telling what she is and offering her for only 20 eur, because she isn't made so well. You won't believe what people have to say about it.
Sometimes Slovenia still is the old Balkan, expecially when it comes to new and unknown. I wish people would appretiate hand made things more and not just give horrible critics. Which are welcome of course, if they come from a fellow artist!

"If you want to see, you have to look with your heart."

Katjasdreamland
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Re: Sometimes I wish I lived in the US

Postby phairee004 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:21 am

awww katja dear!
would be nice if you live here in the US! :D
but i believe there is people like that in just about every part of the world. you're right some people just dont appreciate the time and love and talent that goes into handmade. a lot of people these days are looking for something for nothing, meaning they want to get it as cheap as possible..some are stuck in tradition...and some do not know what it takes to make an OOAK
but all of your sculpts, a first mermaid or your 50th fairy are all amazing to me. to be able to complete a sculpt and try to sell it is a huge accomplishment in my book.and your idea with millefiori canes on mermaids and fairies was a first i think....

i seen your jewelry and other hand made stuff on FB and you are such a bright and talented artist!
keep creating katja!
hugs
~candis

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Katjasdreamland on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:25 am

Thank you sweety! Glad to hear some cheering words, feel better already.
It's true, some just want the whole world for a penny. One even went so far,telling me, how much I should charge for a sculpt, eventhough she never made anything like it, pfff

Katjasdreamland
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Sharon-nz on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:22 am

Oh how rude............ ignore them :mad: :mad:
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby PixieKnoll on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I could not have said it any better than Candis. She is right. Your pieces are unique and original, and all your own. I am proud to say you are my friend and I am proud of what you create...and you should be too. Ignore the small-minded individuals who have lots to say and little talent to back their words that fall from their mouth. They are unimportant to you and your goals. Do not pay them any attention. <3

Love and hugs,
Lori
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby *enchanted_faerieland* on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi Katja, I completelly understand you hun. I fortunatelly never have had that kind of nasty comments about my work, If I had it, I would be as upset as you are sweetie. People is so insensitive sometimes and more on Internet.

I feel the same about living in USA when sellers state on ebay they doesn´t ship ovearseas or exclusivelly to my country. That make me feel a bit excluded or rejected, I know it is not personal, they have their reasons and is very respectable but that´s the way it makes me feel. :dazed:

big hugs
Gaby

Hugs from Jalisco, Mexico ^^

A.Gabriela Z.Rodriguez - AGZR*STUDIOS on ebay
Find me in facebook: http://es-la.facebook.com/agzrstudios
reach me at deviantart http://agzr-studios.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*enchanted_faerieland*
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Katjasdreamland on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Sharon sweets, true, I know I have to ignore them, but it still hurts.

Lori thank you for all the kind words.

Gaby my feelings exactly - sometimes i like so many things on eBay, but can't get them, because I live where i live...

I think I'll just have to learn how to live with jaleousy.

Katjasdreamland
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Whispers on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Believe me people are Nasty everwhere! And I think it is getting worst all the time. Buyers have ~No Idea~ how much of our selfs we artist put into ourwork! And you have to have a Natural Talent to do anything like this!
That buyer didn't deserve to own one of your sculpts!
From My Hands to Your Heart !
Whispers
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Envydolls on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:09 am

Perhaps you should sell your figures to the U.S. market? List on Etsy, Storenvy, and eBay U.S. (you can log in to the US version from outside of it and list on it) in dollars? I live outside the US but 80% of my customers are from there. There is a much better appreciation of art dolls in America than in certain places, as I think that is probably where the polymer clay and art doll thing got started first. :)
Envydolls
New Poster
New Poster

Return to RANT!!!!!!!