Inner demon contest -show . prize photos

Member Run Contests can be found and created here

Re: Inner demon contest -show . prize photos

Postby Dezhire on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 am

Thank you, I am happy to donate to these wonderful contests!
I am not on the list of participants, though...I have already started my demon.
Or am I not allowed to join and donate, now I'm confused.
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Alan Jong on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:28 am

I finally caught up to reading these post I've been having really bad allergies the last 3 days and been sleeping a lot can't seem to find any energy. This challenge has is like a healing therapy. My inner demon is the fear of helplessness. I feel a helplessness when I see our society in America being eviscerated by the corporate titans. Have we allowed them to strip away our humanity for the bottom line? Are profits more important than human decency? As an American with a conscience I've felt a real sense of helplessness for the actions this government has take not only in this country, but in the rest of the world. It's this feeling of helplessness that pervades my daily life, and there's little I can do to escape these feelings, but recently I began to see my art as something more than just an escape as a way of expressing and channeling this helplessness into a visual expression which might help me release this in a helpful way. This challenge is a good way to confront this feeling and perhaps push it out vs. keeping in bottled up in me.
Alan Jong
Honored Poster
Honored Poster

Postby ashling on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:26 am

Dezhire wrote:Thank you, I am happy to donate to these wonderful contests!
I am not on the list of participants, though...I have already started my demon.
Or am I not allowed to join and donate, now I'm confused.

You can do both- Eneida changed the rules :)
Tell Eneida to add you to the list- she will be happy you are joining- we just might get to 30 yet!
ashling
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby fury_girl on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:36 pm

Yay!! I'm in!! Thank you Tenderspirit!! I've started on my sketches too, probably will start sculpting it at the end of the week when I can get out of bed for more then an hour! :) I love this contest Eneida...I was wanting to do this anyhow as a part of my therapy that I am going through in real life as well. Nice to know I am not the only one that fights these little jerks on a regular basis. Will start writing my story tomorrow too. Thanks for extending the entering deadline,.....I was broken-hearted when I asked if I could join and found out it was too late. I am so happy now!!

EDIT:

I might want to go the route of just posting WIP pics to the folder that Elsie was talking about...but my pain meds are making me all fuzzy headed and I'm not sure I understand all that...so I will have to re-read that again tomorrow I guess. Or I may need an interpreter...*laughing* :rotfl:
Image Imagefor Maggie! Image for those of us that live with fibromyalgia, have endured domestic violence and survived thyroid cancer.
fury_girl
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Fury: I will create a folder on the website. It will require a username and password to view the folders contents. So then I would send everyone who is actually in the contest, and the judges, the username and password, and the link to click on. What will show up once you are logged in it a list of files. I think what I will do is when they are all done I will create an actual ebook that noone can print out or copy and paste. So you will login and see just one link, you click on it and the book will open. Any work in process will be in there, any stories that people want me to put before the contest end etc. Then I might also create another one that is the finished product, with the pictures you want to submit (final copies) and the Final Stories. That way the wip won't get mixed up etc. But anyway it will be private to only the partisipants and judges. And those who do not care if it is private may still post here in this thread and I will just make a copy of what is here and add it to the book if it is a final thing. Hope that all makes sense. LOL Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Fairies and dreams on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:34 am

Amy you are in you definally you ar in LOL
i forgot to add you hunn ?
blah bad bad eneida so bad ..
Alan hunn it´s wornderful art is allways used as a way of express feelings and put out fruistrations too , make people see the world with your eyes ;)
can´t wait to see your enterie
fury girl i also can´t wait to see your story and enterie ;)
thanks you for your participation :)
I know you can do anything you want!
Eneida ( Fairies and Dreams)
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Fairies and dreams on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:37 am

Actual list 1- Jannis :P

2- Lori :cheer:

3- natalie :star:

4- Divya :crazy:

5- gaby :weep:

6 Linda :devil:

7 Jules :angel:

8 Nia :blink:

9 zaos :eyebrows:

10 Candis :loony:

11 Kara :blush:

12 Nina Nell :clap:

13 jadine :coffee:

14 ly lian :smug:

15 karina :wave:

16 Galeandra :hat:

17 Heather :wink:

18 ashling :blink:

19 Ringtail :ugeek:

20 - Karen :dance:

21 - Rachel :wink:

22 - Muts :flower:

23 -Linny :crazy:

24 - Laeti :star:

25 - Dezhire :yes:

26 - Fury_girl :rotfl:

27 - Alan Jong :wink:

28 - Maggie :cheer: :hat:
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Moonlightdancer on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:58 am

I can hardly wait to see what everyone comes up with what a cool concept and the prizes are absolutely killer!!!

( Moon
Moonlightdancer
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby crazybetty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:44 pm

:cheer: I'm new to this site, and I want to be a part of this contest. and in case you give referral extra credit ... I was recruited by fury_girl!
crazybetty
New Poster
New Poster

Postby fury_girl on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:30 am

Sure, it makes sense, Tenderspirit...not sure if I want to create that much extra work for you though...I can just post them here with everyone else. I am so post shy anymore...:roll: not sure why...but there it is. heh

Thanks Eneida! I can't wait until I can start working on the actual sculpt...hopefully this weekend!

yay!! crazybetty found her way here...I hope she can be a part of it too as I think she made it before the deadline. She is new to our sculpting world but is learning in leaps and bounds!! Can't wait to see what she makes either! All of this is going to be so much fun with everyone! Looking forward to seeing everyone's inner scaries!
Image Imagefor Maggie! Image for those of us that live with fibromyalgia, have endured domestic violence and survived thyroid cancer.
fury_girl
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Fairies and dreams on Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:15 am

hahah fury girl and betty both are very funny , can´´t wait to see your work ;)

tic tac time is already runnig i hope everyone already had started .fro teh moment only jadine have a wip, wips are not
a rule it a free decision , but i belive people can share a lot of toughts and talk about the piece and their idea with the wip
just think about girls!!!
hugs
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby muts on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:16 am

nice to see full list of names, spose its pushing it to ask for full group of pics of prizes?
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Fairies and dreams on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:51 am

hi hunn , the prizes are all there we just don´´t have photos of the patrizia face , but i really only consider a prize whatis already posted here ... so if patriza don´´t post the face now , it won´´t be part of this pack for the winner anyway we already need to know if we will have or not the 30 participants to have 3 prizes or not
when we know that , so i can pick up the photos and publish the right prizes .. ;)
but i won´´t complicate to much and i will pick up a entire kit exemple
my entire kit will go only for one person
or the donator should pay two or 3 shippings and i won´´t make that
so i will pick up some kits for 1º prize and some for the second i do hope have this 3 participants to have the 3º prize ;)
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:42 am

To any of the people who donated but are not actually partisipating I just wanted to let you know that you too will have the username and password to see the contest entries. I hope none of the people in the contest object to this. I feel like if someone cares enough about all of us to donate, but don't feel comfortable for whatever reason to actually be in the contest they should be able to have access too. I would hate to donate then not even get to see the entries.
I have also created a photo album in the photo gallery for the pictures. I am hoping that none of you mind the actual pictures being public. Once the forum is shut down though none of the pictures in the gallery will public either. So the outside link you will use will be the embed link not the url link and if they click on it they will have to enter the password.
Hugs
Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Fairies and dreams on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:54 am

oh no Elsie i do hope people want let us make a gallery for the show
we will not expose the stories just the pieces if the winner let us make public the story of the demon would be cool but if not no problem
i want also make a digital badge for the proud winner use on the auctions or the web page ..

NOW !!!!!!!!! LATE NEWS

LAST CALL FOR PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LIST !!!!!! INSCRIPTIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT USA TIME

AFTER THIS WILL BE DEFINALLY CLOSED , I DO HOPE GET THE NUMBER 30 AND MAKE 3 FIRST PRIZES

THE DEAD LINE IT´S STILL THE SAME . AND I WILL START TO THINK IN ANOTHER THEME FOR TEH NEXT CONTEST

WHEN I HAVE THE COMPLETED LIST , I WILL TALK WITH OTHERS DONATORS TO DIVIDE THE PRIZES IN 3 PARTS
SOON I WILL OPEN ANOTHER POST FOR THE NEW CONTEST, BETWEEN THIS ONE IS ON THE MAKING
PEOPLE WILL CAN START TO PUT THEIR NAME FOR THE NEW CONTEST , ONLY THE WINNER OF THE INNER DEMON CONTEST WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WINN THE NEXT CONTEST CAUSE TEH WINNER OF THIS CONTEST WILL BE JUDGE INVITED FOR THE NEXT ONE ...
THIS WILL BE A LOT OF FUNN .
THANKS EVRYONE WHO IS ALREADY CONSIDERING PUT YOUR NAME ON . LET´S DO IT BIG !!!
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Maggie on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Add me in hun I think I'm brave enoug now lol.
Maggie

Postby enchantedwhimsies on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:10 pm

wow - oh my goodness! i can't believe i just saw this today! looks like you have come up with an amazing contest w/unbelievable prizes!! well, happy sculpting everyone! i am soooo busy with some major changes in my life but hopefully I will get a chance to see the Inner Demons you all create!

<3 <3 <3
One of a Kind Art Dolls & Fantasy Sculpture:
http://enchantedwhimsies.squarespace.com/

Enchanted Whimsies Gift Shop:
http://www.zazzle.com/enchantedwhimsies

Twitter: http://twitter.com/ewhims
enchantedwhimsies
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby muts on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:14 am

COME ON PEEPS! WE ONLY NEED 2 MORE PEOPLE TO REACH THE 30, WOOHOO!!!!!!!
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby hwest on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Just a question- assuming we got to 30 and there are three prizes, will they be for different categories (like.. most gruesome, most funny, most realistic, etc), or will they just be for 1st, 2nd, 3rd?

I'm just wondering, that's all. Either way it's great to spread those prizes around a bit- it's wonderful how generous all of the donators are being!
hwest
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Fairies and dreams on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:50 pm

i believe will be very hard pick up just one demon that why i wnat to give 3 prizes so we canmake a triage and stay with the 3 last cause the 3 will have amazing prizes , so yep just 1º 2ºand 3º prizes :)
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby carota72 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Eneida, I have not painted my face yet... I usually paint mine when the doll is finished, so I don't have heads in the "lost island" already painted... Should I put the picture as it is? And later add pictures of her painted? ^___^
carota72

Postby Fairies and dreams on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:48 am

you don´´t need paint if you don´´t wnat to do it
i´´m sure people would be happy in any case :)
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby carota72 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:11 am

But I want, sweetie :) I only needed to know if I was still in time ^__^
I'm painting her today :)
carota72

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:12 am

This is so much work for you eneida. I hope your not overdoing trying to keep up with all this stuff. I look forward to seeing your work, more then can imagine and I know were having some health problems. Take it easy and don't over due. There is so much time to get this all done. No rush. As for pictures of the prize groups. Don't make yourself crazy. You can do a lottery. Put each persons donation on a piece of paper and draw them from a hat. The first for prize 1, then 2 then 3, and round again till you get them all assigned. I think its a fair way to do it and you won't be agonizing over who gets what. Hugs, Sweety.
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tiny Wonders on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:06 am

That's a good idea Linda for the prize selection.
I started my demon today and my son Louis who is 7 said it looked cute, so I think I have a problem. My Hubby on the other hand thought it look like an alien which is better I suppose :-D
I'm still working on the head, will post some pics when I have it looking how I want.

Nia
x
Tiny Wonders
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby fury_girl on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:42 pm

testing...testing...am I really here?? (will edit in a sec...LOL) EDIT!! YAY, I can post again for some strange reason.

Heehee!~...Okay Tendersprirt...you have that folder album thingie you were talking about for non public pics?? :crazy:
fury_girl
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:18 am

Glad to see you can post. LOL I have not made it yet but I can. If you want to send me the pictures I will put them into a folder. I will give the login info only to contestants and donators. If anyone only wants the judges to see then you must tell me when you send your photos and stories. Okay? Okay!
Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby fury_girl on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 pm

wait...I'm confused. I thought other contestants weren't supposed to see them if they were in a file? Did you mean Judges and donators?? I don't care if the donators see as long as they are sworn to secrecy....Don't make me send my flying monkeys after anyone! (heehee!!)
fury_girl
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:08 pm

LOl Heather. I Have an army of flying squirrels, perhaps we could get to gether and have a race. LOL I thought I was the only one who sicked imaginary flying critters on people. Although I must say The Oz monkeys will probably wipe up the floor with my squirels. ROTFl
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby fury_girl on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:49 pm

some of those squirrels are might nasty, Linda...especially the french fry trained ones in our park. (seriously...they know fries are coming a mile away)...I don't mess with them, they'll take your face off for a fry.
fury_girl
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby NinaNell on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm sorry, I haven't been online for a while because I was so busy. So many new posts ...
Can someone please tell me, how much time we still have to finish the demon? And where to post the pics then?
Maybe you answered these questions already, so I'm sorry. :dazed:
http://www.ninanell.de
http://ninanell.deviantart.com/

"To live means to learn how to fly!"
NinaNell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby echosheart on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:23 am

Hi Nina the deadline I believe is 30th May (someone please correct me if I am wrong) and I think Elsie is setting up a special folder in the Galleries for the entries. Hope this helps, Hugs, Rachel xx
echosheart
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:36 am

As far as I know, I have just pm'd all of you with the information to view the contest folder. At the moment there is nothing in there, but I wanted to get the folder set up and get the login information to you all so I would not forget or get pressed for time. Not easy to send pm's to all of you. So if you donated, or are a contestant and did not get the information, please let me know. If you are a judge, Eneida will PM you with that information. Also the information for the Judges only folder as some contestants have requested that only the judges see their entry and stories.

If some of you don't mind all the contestants, judges, and donators seeing your Demon sculpt, but want your story kept private for the judges only, or want all the pictures and your story kept for judges eyes only, then please make sure when you email me your information that you tell me where you want it to go and if you want your story private for judges only etc.

The folder is locked so without the username and password noone else can view it. So no it is not open to the public, and no they cannot get to it through a backdoor as the entire folder is password protected.

Hugs Tenderspirit :crazy: :crazy:
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby linny on Wed May 05, 2010 2:18 am

i have probably missed in a blonde moment, but what is the closing date to submit our work?
linny
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Maggie on Wed May 05, 2010 8:13 am

Right I'm done with my sculpt and just have to write the story. Been a bit of a journey but i'm pleased with it. Now have l got this right post pics and story in the gallery under the inner demon file?
Maggie

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Sun May 09, 2010 1:31 pm

OMG Heather, Your a girl after my own heart.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby fury_girl on Mon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Linda...are you a spaz too?? heehee! :crazy: :clown: *hugs*
fury_girl
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Maggie it is up to you. If you want to post them publically, meaning so all the members can see, as the public can no longer enter any part of the forum without the username and password for the first popup thing. Then you can do that. Otherwize we have a special folder for them that only the people who donated, or are in it, and the judges can see. That is the one I sent you all the username and password for, and it has one of those popup login things too. LOL Those happen every time I lock a folder on the site. Just so you know. LOL Like I locked the entire folder containing the forum. Google can still scan it as we want them to so we rank high in the search engines, at least I hope they still can, but noone can follow the link and actually get in and see the entire post. So if you want it in the special folder, you just send it to me by email is the best, then pm me to make sure I got it, would hate to have it thrown in my spam folder and miss it. If emailing be sure to say something like OOAKDollart Demon Contest as I get about 500 spam mails a day. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Fairies and dreams on Wed May 12, 2010 2:32 am

tic tac the dead line is comming fast . i didn´t see nothing yet
hope everyone will delivery the sculpt photos in time
big hugs
dead line is may 30 :)
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby muts on Wed May 12, 2010 9:09 am

right, well i know where pics go, but where do we put the story?
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Wed May 12, 2010 11:38 am

Okay, first I need everyone to email me all their pictures, and the story. I need you to tell me if you want them to be seen by the judges only, or by the people in the contest, and judges, and donators. Two sections only to choose from. If you also want to upload them to the photo gallery for the demon contest that is your choice. But I need them all emailed to me so it makes it easy for the judges to be able to just go to the two folders and see them all, I also pm'd all of you awhile ago with the web address you could go to, to see the pictures and the stories if you are a contestant, judge, or donator. If you did not get it, then please let me know. I now have all the folders in there for each contestant. If any are missing it is because they wanted the judges only to see them. You go to the folder then will see a list with each name, if you click on the name you will see the pictures and the story. I hope you will all send me your story in notepad or wordpad, as many people do not have office and cannot open word documents. If you do not know how to do that, then I will do it for you if it is in word.
Let me know if you need more help and this does not make sense to you. Hugs Tenderspirit

And good luck to all of you.
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby PixieKnoll on Wed May 12, 2010 1:17 pm

I'm actually busy working away. Hopefully soon I'll be finished. But, this is taking me a bit of thinking. I do have WIP pics but figured I would send them all at the same time.
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Karen F. on Wed May 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Elsie, I did not get the e-mail.

This is taking me a bit of time also; I have started and squished two already, and have given one away because it did not express how I feel my inner demon appears.

Hopefully I can force my inner demon to show its face!
Karen F.
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby *enchanted_faerieland* on Wed May 12, 2010 6:21 pm

More time more time Eneida pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee arggghhhhh.....LOL
I´ll be praying to have him done on time :crazy: :weep:
Gaby

Hugs from Jalisco, Mexico ^^

A.Gabriela Z.Rodriguez - AGZR*STUDIOS on ebay
Find me in facebook: http://es-la.facebook.com/agzrstudios
reach me at deviantart http://agzr-studios.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*enchanted_faerieland*
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby essie on Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 am

Eneida, did you emailed Sandra already?

xxx
Es
essie
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby linny on Thu May 13, 2010 3:33 am

can i just ask again
what is the closing date for getting our work done and posted in?
linny
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Tenderspirit on Thu May 13, 2010 4:34 am

Linny it is May 30. Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Tenderspirit on Thu May 13, 2010 4:36 am

I might be posting the picture of my little demon. He ended out being black and grey, much easier to write the story after you make your demon, me thinks. But he is an ugly little guy. Hope he comes out of the oven okay he is in there right now.
Big Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby muts on Thu May 13, 2010 5:13 am

where do we put our stories elsie?
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Maggie on Thu May 13, 2010 7:27 am

Right I'm done. Eneida or Elsie how many photos do you want or need?
Maggie

Postby Fairies and dreams on Thu May 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Yes Essie i wrote to Sandra when you gave me her mail , i will contact with her again when the contest is runnig with photos etc with something that she can see and work with
i don´t want take a lot her time without having nothing , so when everything is in place LOL i will contact her again :)
hugs .pretty photo of you by the way !

essie wrote:Eneida, did you emailed Sandra already?

xxx
Es
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Dezhire on Fri May 14, 2010 6:54 am

I think I got the email, but I can't find it...Elsie or Eneida could you email the info about the "special" folder again, I'm sorry, I can be very absentminded at times.
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby essie on Fri May 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Fairies and dreams wrote:Yes Essie i wrote to Sandra when you gave me her mail , i will contact with her again when the contest is runnig with photos etc with something that she can see and work with
i don´t want take a lot her time without having nothing , so when everything is in place LOL i will contact her again :)
hugs .pretty photo of you by the way !

essie wrote:Eneida, did you emailed Sandra already?

xxx
Es

Okay sweetie :-D
essie
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Mon May 17, 2010 1:47 pm

I had to delete my post with the darn link to the demon contest because it refered to that folder and the folder is locked, it kept popping up the darn login box for the demon folder. Did not want to drive you all crazy. LOL

Also if I pm you the link and password and username, that dumb box is going to pop up. Just hit cancel about three times and it will go away. ugh
So far Muts has hers in there, I have mine, and Maggie and Linda are going to email me theirs so I will add them as soon as I get them.

So I need everyone to email yours to me, as you cannot add them to the folder yourself I have to do that in my controll panel or ftp program.
Hugs

But you can upload them also into the demon contest album in the photo albums, just make sure you choose that album when you are uploading not your own personal one. I am going to go upload mine there now. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Thu May 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Well I am finished. i just uploaded my pictures into the folder. Edited Sorry for my emotional outburst. :dead:
Last edited by Linda Ehrenfried on Fri May 21, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Natalie on Thu May 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Linda... hey, all that sounds so sad... please don't be. You made it, you gave a shape to your demon and maybe all your efforts have effects you don't see yet. I really believe that. And the most important thing, I think, is that looking back to these things after all the time may give you a better understanding why it happened or it may help forgiving yourself or others. And to know what your issues are makes things maybe easier for you in your future life... what do you think?

For me it took a long time of thinking and the virtual shape of my demon changed daily... a lot of good material to work on for following projects. And sometimes in between I was so ashamed about myself that I thought it is better to drop out of the competition than to acknowledge my weaknesses in public. Being a very private person and probably one of the shyest animals on earth, this is a pretty nice challenge for me :mrgreen: But my guess is that every one of us who participates has a pretty hard time with that.
But now... instead of talking I should better see that my demon is getting done in time :-D.
Last edited by Natalie on Fri May 21, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've got to get in to get out"
Natalie
Honored Poster
Honored Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Thu May 20, 2010 9:48 pm

One thing that I have learned in all my education on self help issues is we are as sick as our secrets. As long as we keep all the crap bottled inside of us, and we don't look at it, or keep it a total secret from anyone, it festers and festers, by exposing it to at least one person you trust, it allows you to actually look at it. It is not until we actually acknowledge that we have a charater defect, that we can actually start doing something about it. First we admit we have a character defect, then we accept it as being part of who we currently are, and we acknowledge that we need or want to change it, that it is causeing us problems in our life, then we take the actions we need to take to change it. But all of this is a process and we have to love ourselves enough to be patient with ourselves and know that we have had this going on for years and years, and it is not going to be easy to get that root out. It takes self love and self acceptance to even start the process. Once we see it most of us want to deny that it is there and stuff it way back down in the hidden area of our minds. But by actually revealing it, and looking at it and accepting it as a part of us, then acknowledging that is is a part of us that WE don't like, then and only then can we start taking some kind of action to remove it. And it is then, that we will start loving ourselves even more, as we know that at least we are doing something to get that ugly thing out of us. Rome was not built in a day and we will not get all the ugly out of us in day or a year or even years and years. All we can do is see it, ask our God to remove it, simply notice everytime it pops up its ugly head, and do only what we are able to do to change the behavior or thought. God made us the way he did so that we would all be rubbing stones on each other. So we would learn to have patience with other people full of their own faults. To we could learn to be kind, and learn to forgive. If all of us were perfect, what a boring place the world would be, we would all just be robots. But no we are not robots, we are all unique creatures, created to be exactly who we now are. Only time and lifes experiences change us. It is what we have been and what we have been exposed to in our lives that make us the unique people we are. It is only through suffering that one gains true compasion for others who suffer. It is only through struggling to accomplish a particular goal that we can feel success, and what it is like to actually walk through a challenge and come out on the other side. We would not know what joy was if we never felt sorrow. It is only through our lifes journey that we are able to help others walk through that which we have all ready gone through. We don't seek advice from a skid row bum on how to become a millionare. We seek it from someone who had nothing and worked their way up through all the challenges to become whatever it is we choose to be. We learn to be a good or great artists through years of trial and error. Making a mistake teaches us what we don't want to do next time. It is all the bad choices we made in our lives that lead us to make better choices when the pain gets too great. Pain is an indicator that we need to change whatever it is we are doing. It is only when we are in enough pain that we finally will get off our butt and do something about it. When life is perfect, great and wonderful, why would we want to change? That is just not human nature. Linda you are a beautiful careing human being, you are a child of the All Mighty KIng, you have his royal blood running through your veins. You are of champion stock. You are worthy of all and every desire of your heart, as God does not put a desire on our heart then not give us the tools we need to carry that out. That would be cruel and inhumane, and what Father would do such a thing to his own Royal bloodline. We were bread to be conquerors and all we have to do is believe that, and have the faith that God will see us through what ever journey that lies ahead. He says plainly that we have not because we ask not. So if you have a demon who just keeps beating you down you need to remind him that you have the blood of a King running through your viens and you are precious, and you are worthy and you are great. Then start living your life like you believe it is so and it will all happen and it will all come to you and God will quicken your mind and you spirit and it will happen. God does not enjoy watching us suffer, he enjoys watching us fulfill the desires of our heart just as we love and cherish every time our child makes a good choice about life and whatever it is that he has as a dream in his heart. A very very wonderful encouraging book I recently read was, Becoming a Better You, by Joel Osteen yes he is a Christain preacher, but he is known as the encouragement preacher and that he surely does in that book. He puts the broken pieces of our thinking back into perspective. The other book is the one I put on the product page though it is very short only 60 pages it is very encouraging and uplifting and will sure help us to have more positive thoughts and therefore start looking for those opportunities that are out there right in front of our face but our own self doubt does not allow us to see them when they are bangging at our minds door.
Big Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Fri May 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Nat and Els thank you so much, I wasn't really thinking when I wrote that post. I am actually going to delete it. You are both very sweet. I sill come to terms with my demons eventually. My doctor is trying to help me with my weight so I can get myself clear of my other issues. I hate this I really wish I didn't have this in my life. I think I was happy living denile but that is why I gained so much weight. Now I must face it and deal with the consequences.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Sat May 22, 2010 6:39 pm

The problem as you say with denile is its horrible consequences. Just like me trying to stay in the relationship with Ron telling myself he was a wonderful man, which in a million ways he was, but he could not love me the way I needed him to. I tried to believe that was not important, but the cost was my addictions were running riot. I was doing all kinds of things that were harmful to me as a result of trying to believe a lie. I was sad and cryed inside alot, I was hurt alot, not by what he said, but by what he did not say or do. So the more I tried to believe everything was just fine, the more I hurt inside, the more I looked for fixes to fix me. And nothing fixed me, all I did is hurt myself more and more, I gained weight, I did not allow myself to be successful, for fear of meeting another man maybe and having an affair, I locked myself up in my little house and did not venture out anywhere that I might meet a man, I gambled away money I did not have, I smoked more and more cigaretttes, the list goes on and on. All the time trying to believe he was my angle from heaven and always telling others he was. When really he was just a good friend, who cared deeply for me. But was not really attracted to me as a woman. Well that just was not enough and he was unable to share his true feelings if he thought it might hurt me, or make me angry. So really I had nothing, as without honesty and intamacy with a mate, the relationship is phoney and very surface. Just an empty shell. So that is what our denile will do to us. If we are running to get fixed all the time through any outside fix, then something is not right. We were created to be joyful, happy creatures, if we are not, something in our life is not okay. Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Tenderspirit on Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 pm

So far I believe I have only received:
Nia
Fury Girl (private for Judges only)
Zoe

these are the only three people who have emailed me their story and pictures.

You can see Nia's and Zoes in the Demon Contest folder

If you have emailed me and you are not on the above list please let me know, and please resend them to me. But PM me first as they must of gone into my spam folder and I missed them.

Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Karnidina on Sat May 22, 2010 11:02 pm

I'd email mine but still working on it like crazy. lol Trying my best to get done with like a day or so in sight. I hope this is due on may 30th it will be cutting it close. *nervous laugh* :P Nah but I will get it done. *inserts positive attitude here* :dance:
Karnidina
Frenzied Poster
Frenzied Poster

Postby Natalie on Sun May 23, 2010 6:50 am

I'm still working on it but it should get ready until middle of this week.
Tender, I am a little bit lost about your email address. Can you give it to me here or pm? Thank you :-D
Natalie
Honored Poster
Honored Poster

Postby PixieKnoll on Sun May 23, 2010 9:09 am

I know what you mean about not being done. I have had cracks in places I don't care to mention. :( Multi baking and crack repairs because of my haste of trying to get finished. Not letting it cool properly is really testing my will power. I have learned how to make repairs though! :-D So if excising my inner demon is learning to repair cracks...I think I have accomplished that! hahahahaa I am hoping to have it finished soon as well, and am expecting to make deadline even despite the multitudes of problems I have had with this project along the way. :-D
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Maggie on Sun May 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Mine's all done and sent off. pheww
Maggie

Postby fury_girl on Sun May 23, 2010 10:36 pm

mine is done but I still need to write up the story. Hope to have everything done tomorrow!!
fury_girl
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby jadine on Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 am

Still working on mine, it's not the easiest thing to take out your demon. I found lot of difficulties, and had to control my tendence to do her more beautiful than she is. Will update my WIP tomorrow, and surely sent her final pics and story last minute (as usual) LOL! Sorry, not funny :(
Jadine
Image GET WELL SOON DEAR MAGGIE!
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby ashling on Mon May 24, 2010 4:41 pm

well I wrote my story *check*.... now I still need to finish the demon and take pictures- where's a good lighting day when you need one!!!
ashling
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby fury_girl on Mon May 24, 2010 11:16 pm

completed the sculpt (my first ever completed small one! and my first time sculpting clothes...woot woot!), took the pictures, wrote the story and now I'm all done too! YAY!! This is my 1st contest too. WOW.
fury_girl
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby *enchanted_faerieland* on Tue May 25, 2010 7:33 am

Still working on mine too. I hope to get it done on 30 of May, I´ll do my best. I got sick with Flu for a week on bed and then my lil kids got the flu too and I had to take care of them for another whole week. If I can´t get it done on May 30, could you gimme a couple more days for taking pics and last details? please?
Anyways, I´ll try hard to finish on time :crazy:
Gaby

reach me at deviantart http://agzr-studios.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*enchanted_faerieland*
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby phairee004 on Tue May 25, 2010 2:05 pm

me too! having a few personal and health problems but not to make excuses. i knew the dead line have been trying my best : )

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby laeti on Tue May 25, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm still working on mine too. I don't know why,but I thought It was 30th June. :zzz;
laeti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Dezhire on Wed May 26, 2010 3:21 am

Whew, just made it. It's amazing how fast 2 months goes by, eh?!

Mine is posted in the Inner Demon photo album. If anyone wants to read the story, just let me know and I'll post it in a new topic. I figure this is to help me and what better way than getting it out in the open. And if it something that may help someone else, I'm happy to share!
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Natalie on Wed May 26, 2010 8:06 am

I need a break... my demon is just roasting in hells oven for the last baking (I hope).
Yepp, the 2 months went fast with a lot of procrastination and thinking... I found this a very hard project, to be honest. But a good one too :flower:
Natalie
Honored Poster
Honored Poster

Postby echosheart on Wed May 26, 2010 10:37 am

I have to say I am quite worried I wont get mine done in time, I just cant bring myself to do it :(
echosheart
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby Karnidina on Wed May 26, 2010 3:25 pm

*nods with echo* It is rather halting at times hust trying to fight the pressure of putting the bugger out there. At least it is half done and even at that it is giving me flair ups. Blarg. Not to mention and I hate to give myself excuses.

edit:Deleted part. I felt embarrassed/shameful sharing.Other people have things going on too.

Positive note: I will get him done. I will make myself complete and I will deal. I won't let myself break another due date due to my demon. I won't let it make me panic. All of you all I wish for you all to get them out. I understand if not because I was teetering on that. Just know by no means are you alone. Know that there are those are behind you and others with understanding. Know that nothing is solved in one night but by talking or dealing in your own way (these sculpts) is another step to freedom.
Last edited by Karnidina on Thu May 27, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karnidina
Frenzied Poster
Frenzied Poster

Postby muts on Thu May 27, 2010 5:28 am

oh wow amy! she looks nasty, the two faced schizophrenic little thing, hope you kick her arse! xxx
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Fairies and dreams on Thu May 27, 2010 8:23 am

Oh my Gosh can´t wait to see the rest of the enteries ,
what i saw right now porduced me many different feelings , that´s the point really ??
amazing work and very well represented !
congratz girls !
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Thu May 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Omg, those are some really cool demons. That two faces one is super cool and the screaming child. Looks my daughter when she didn't get her way. LOL Hate pulling tantrum and all. Awesome work everyone.. I can;t wait to see the rest.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby fury_girl on Thu May 27, 2010 7:41 pm

very cool entries!!!
fury_girl
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Dezhire on Fri May 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Wow, those are all so amazing! Great work everyone!
I have sent in my story, but I don't know where it is or why it isn't posted in my folder....not sure what to do about that.
The story helps you understand more about my demon(s).
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Karnidina on Sat May 29, 2010 1:02 am

Just finished mine moments ago story and all. All that is needed now is to send it in. Does anyone have Tender's email? Thought I had it but I think its a no reply one just for the info for this site. For safe guarding my time I'm thinking about uploading to the inner demon 2010 folder.
Karnidina
Frenzied Poster
Frenzied Poster

Postby Dezhire on Sat May 29, 2010 3:40 am

I have sent Elsie my info twice now and my story still isn't in my folder. I sent Eneida a note to see if I should send it to her, but haven't heard from her yet. I'll PM you Elsie's email address that I have. I'm so happy you finished yours! HUGS!
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Gardens Of Utopia on Sat May 29, 2010 5:37 am

Well I am cutting it close guys.. 2 months should have been plenty of time :( :( I didn't procrastinate but only worked when I was able too. I home school 2 kids and time isn't easy. She is tough one.. I am going to try my best to finish her today. Hubby was letting me work the entire day while he tend to the kids, but you know what hubby decided last min to go to a one year poker tourney. I mean on a reg basis it would be ok since he hasn't seen his friends in years but this contest meant so much to me. I didn't tell him to stay home but I told him the deadline is tomorrow and I hope he just decides to stay home. I am going to start early today if my kids let me and if I can manage to get her done she will be done late may 30th. Is that ok??? If not I am sososo sorry guys but I will have to pull out. PLS cross your fingers for me thanks
Gardens Of Utopia
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Dezhire on Sat May 29, 2010 5:54 am

You can do it Janis!! I have faith in you!!!!
HUGS HUGS HUGS!
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Natalie on Sat May 29, 2010 6:02 am

Hey Janis... I hope your husband can see how much that means to you and I cross all the fingers I have :-D

I got mine done yesterday night, also the story. It's just the pictures now.
Natalie
Honored Poster
Honored Poster

Postby linny on Sat May 29, 2010 6:31 am

I'm gonna take this one right to the wire....i have been so busy with a certain FB group time has slipped away from me!

i have tried looking at the folder but the link doesnt work for me
i have

Http://ooakdollart.com/demon contest/

is this link right?..i just can't seem to make it work, i have the password but cannot get it to work at all
linny
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby jadine on Sat May 29, 2010 6:40 am

You can do it Janis!!! We want your demon out!

I just sent mine to Elsie, but I think she's out for the week end, that's why I think she's not uploading.
I do have a WIP for mine, so it's fine for me. Guess I'll add her story too.
Remember that you can post pictures by yourself on the Demon photo album.
Jadine
Image GET WELL SOON DEAR MAGGIE!
jadine
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby *enchanted_faerieland* on Sat May 29, 2010 8:11 am

Í´m in the same boat Janis, I got a flu for a whole week, after that my kids got the flu too and had to take care of them. Now, I´m working so hard on this inner demon, day and nigth, almost I don´t have sleep. I feel like a zombie right now. This friend is not an easy one. I hope to get it done on May 30 though this will be very late.
The problem here is that I´ll need take pics too and for doing that I´ll need day light, I don´t have a good camera and taking pics inside does not work for me.

I hope Eneida, Elsie gimme the chance to take pics on May 31 with day light and send them that same day in the afternoon. I really hope they give us a chance this time. Next contests I promise to get it done on time. This contest is very very important for me and I would feel very very sad if I miss it. My demon is pretty much done but you know, always details and details and that´s is very time consuming.

I hope Eneida or Elsie can answer this.
Gaby

*enchanted_faerieland*
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby muts on Sat May 29, 2010 9:18 am

http://ooakdollart.com/Demon%20Contest/
anyone wants the username and password feel free to pm me (i think you have to b in the contest to get them though)
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby muts on Sat May 29, 2010 9:19 am

come on peeps wrestle the little critters dont let them beat you
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby phairee004 on Sat May 29, 2010 12:01 pm

im still working on mine, should be finishing up tonight! and i will enter it as soon as possible tomorrow. how do i enter it again to be put into the folder?
i tired the link i dont see a place to upload it??? thanks for forgiving my air-headedness right now ; )

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby muts on Sat May 29, 2010 12:04 pm

no to upload it to the folder you have to mail it to elsie or i think she sed julie might b doing something while shes away, but i could b wrong
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby PixieKnoll on Sat May 29, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm gonna place my demon in the show and tell here in the next few moments. I am also posting my story there as well. Time to break free!

Hugs to all and good luck,
Lori
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Fairies and dreams on Sat May 29, 2010 1:16 pm

uff girls , it looks like everyone need some days more
i don´t know if i can take this decision alone , but id o wnat everyone who wnated participated make their enteries and if needs some days more what a hell so i decided extend this dead line to next saturday june 5 and that´s it after this
no more complains .. hehehehehh
i´m loving all the enteries ;)
big hugs
Eneida
www.fairiesndreams.com
Fairies and dreams
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby essie on Sat May 29, 2010 1:50 pm

I'll take the chance that Eneida gets angry at me :wink: because, as one of the judges, I'm not allowed to react.
But I want to say this: what a brave couple of artists we have here, the pieces I've seen so far are awesome and the stories are heartbreaking.
These stories also tell me that you are such strong ladies, still standing after all this hurt in your live and be able to face your demons to participate in this contest!
I make a deep bow for you girls.

xxx
Es
essie
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby phairee004 on Sat May 29, 2010 4:52 pm

thats great eneida! i appreciate that sooooo much! kisses to you! i promise to have it entered before next saturday i probably just needed about 2 extra days thats it ; )

team maggie!!!

phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby ashling on Sat May 29, 2010 5:29 pm

what?! the contest was extended? :sneeze: I busted my bottom to get it done in time :dead: seems a little unfair to everyone that worked so very hard to be on time/ and was devoted to finish within the original time frame :coffee: :no: .... maybe I'm just cranky because I've been working so hard to make the deadline :p_eyes:
ashling
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby Gardens Of Utopia on Sat May 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks guys <3 I can be done for tomorrow :D All I need to do is paint her. The wings are in the oven. Hubs ended up staying home :) I hope she is demon enough. She represents something I hate to deal with every day of my life. I have my story completed too :D Hope you will all like her.

Ash hun.. I busted my butt off too even if I don't have her done yet.
Gardens Of Utopia
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby *enchanted_faerieland* on Sat May 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Those are great news Eneida. I thank you very much for this :) I´m still working really hard on it. :cheer: :crazy:
Gaby

*enchanted_faerieland*
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby laeti on Sat May 29, 2010 9:54 pm

laeti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Contests