The Zodiac, mask and dark theme for the challenge

Member Run Contests can be found and created here

Re: The Zodiac, mask and dark theme for the challenge

Postby Mermaidskai on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:37 pm

ok... just went back up to the top... there are a lot of people entered in this... where are they all?? Am I in the wrong place?? And now... where the heck are my smilies... dang flippin computer... do I have a broke page?? argghhh!!!
Desiree`
EnchantedIsle.us

~With my feet firmly planted in the clouds~

Image Image Image Image Image
Mermaidskai
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Moonstar on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 pm

We are posting them in the thread in the Announcements section, dont worry, I was confused too when I first saw we had 2 posts for the same thing.
Here is the link for it: http://ooakdollart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3127

And your posts arent being deleted, they are just going on to page 2 of posts that are super long :)

And, to post in the photo gallery, to the right, close to the top of the page (right above the picture of you in this post at the top) it says "Photo Gallery" Just go there and it should have a drop down menu, at the bottom of the menu is the Summer Challenge, just pop a few pics in there and it should work :)

Hope this helps!
"For life is experience, and longevity is, in the end, measured by memory, and those with a
thousand tales to tell have indeed lived longer than any who embrace the mundane."-Drizzt Do'Urden
Moonstar
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Mermaidskai on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 pm

Oh cool... ok, wierd thing is... I popped in to here from an email... its only showing yours and my last post... lol... I can't even see the rest of this thread... ARgghh!! Ok, well, I have my pictures ready... now its just a matter of trying to upload em... So irritated since my own computer is down I can't even crop em! ugh... anyway... hopefully they are ok... Thank you so much... so... did you ever find out how to upload em? lol... think I'll try the gallery first- create my own album maybe... hmmm ok, here goes!! :crazy:
Desiree`
EnchantedIsle.us

Mermaidskai
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Mermaidskai on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:44 pm

Ok... havin major problems uploading... this is what it said:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 800 bytes) in /home/ooakdol/public_html/forums/includes/gallery.php on line 393
:smash:
Can anyone tell me what is wrong & how to fix it?
Desiree`
EnchantedIsle.us

Mermaidskai
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby phairee004 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 am

if you are downloading it to photo gallery there is a size requirement for you photos. if you can resize them before you upload them then it should work...
Max filesize: 1488 (KB).
Max picture width: 800 (pixels). height i think &
Max picture height: 600 (pixels). width

hope this helps
~candis

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Mermaidskai on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Oh thank you!! Ok, Just sent em to my son's email, he will fix em for me!! Thanks again!! HOpefully they'll allow me to still submit em!!
Desiree`
EnchantedIsle.us

Mermaidskai
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby phairee004 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:57 pm

i hope so! cant wait to see it! ; )

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Mermaidskai on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:13 pm

lol... me either!! You're sweet!! I'm chompin at the bit!! He is taking so long!! I wish I could figure out how to just do it myself on the dang laptop!! I have grahic programs on my non running one that would do it easy... but the kodak thing doesn't seem to have that option!! Sure wish he'd hurry up!!! dang it!! Just texted and he hasn't even gotten it!! I know the email works cuz I sent it to some freinds last nite & they got it!! ARggghhh!! So much for entering the challenge!!
Desiree`
EnchantedIsle.us

Mermaidskai
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Mermaidskai on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Ok then... Got a single shrunk down picture in to the album... yay me!! Now I need to see how to upload it in here!! So... forgive me if I do this wrong!! [gallery]Image[/gallery] hmmmm how about: Image or even: http://ooakdollart.com/forums/gallery/p ... ic_id=3656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dang!! This is terribly confusing!! HELP!!!
Desiree`
EnchantedIsle.us

Mermaidskai
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Karen F. on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Desi,
I can see the photo in the gallery just fine, and also the pics you have uploaded in your post.
I'm going to send you a PM about opening a Photobucket account; that's the easiest way to post pics here.

Hugs,
Karen
Karen F.
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby essie on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:34 am

They are GOOOOOOD Desi.
What a great piece.
essie
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Mermaidskai on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:32 am

Oh Karen, I got your post and was too exhausted after my son in Calif talkin me thru that whole process to get them reduced! But I will do as you wrote & follow the process soon... Thank you so much for rescueing me!! lol I definitely needed it!! And Essie, Thank you!! It was fun putting that piece in to a theme like that... not the plan I had in mind while I made this dreamy sort of fair maiden ... lmao... definitely jumped out of my comfort zone on that one!
Desiree`
EnchantedIsle.us

Mermaidskai
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby Maggie on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:07 am

Hi everyone could you all upload your pics herehttp://www.ooakdollart.com/forums/gallery/menu.php?gallery=public&album_id=145 so that we have them all in one place for judging. Many thanks
Maggie

Postby Dezhire on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:30 am

OMG! I love them all!!!!!!!! I am so glad I'm not judging it....I know there is no way I could pick just one! I would love to see them all together in person, wouldn't that be just so cool!
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Mermaidskai on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Done!! Got mine, though pretty blurry, loaded in the album!! My daughter was my photographer but now She's in college & I'm tryin to figure out the whole camera thing!! UGH!!! what a nightmare!! All those buttons & choices!! What happened to just press here?? lmao.... Oh Amy... I agree!! I was just lookin at the album wondering how on earth someone can choose!! They are all so good and each one has its own charm! Glad I'm not judgin either!!
Desiree`
EnchantedIsle.us

Mermaidskai
Fledgling Poster
Fledgling Poster

Postby phairee004 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:03 pm

i am such a dummy! i went to submit my pics and forgot to change the location to summer challenge instead of personal album...duh! LOL! so i was half way through submission and then realized that...
i have them there now maggie...

team maggie!!!

phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Karen F. on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Everyone has done such beautiful work! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am also glad I'm not judging, because for sure there would be a 10 way tie for first place. :rotfl:
Karen F.
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:13 pm

I am thinking that the challenge is over. Are there anyone elses pictures that are still needing to be added. All of you are saying that you don't want to choose but who is going to vote for the winner?????? I certainly don't want to choose just one person. We were going to have you all vote on a poll. I know you all love each other but we need to have everyone vote for one piece. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby PixieKnoll on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Good idea, this will be an extremely tough decision because they are all so good. But, I think in fairness we should all vote on our favorites as it is not fair to designate one single person to do such a heavy task alone. :-)
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 pm

Okay you are all rescued. Karen F. came up with a great idea to get someone to judge it for us. So I have asked Deb Wood and Helen (the collector) from ADSG and they both have agreed they will pick the winner for us. So I am in process of sending them the criteria and the link to the pictures and perhaps we might know by tomorrow who is the winner. Tomorrow night most likely as I am a day sleeper. So hope that is good with all of you.

Big Hugs and good luck to all of you.
Tenderspirit :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I am sending them the link with only numbers and no names so that the contest will be based on the pictures you submitted and not on who actually did the work. I think that is the most fair. I am so grateful that they are willing to help us. Yippee.
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby PixieKnoll on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:35 am

I have to say, that is most generous of Deb and Helen to volunteer their time to judge the wonderful dolls for us. It will be better since they will have a non-biased opinion of them. :-D Too hard for us to pick cause our hearts always interfere darn it! lol
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Karen F. on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:35 pm

Good luck everyone!!
Karen F.
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:43 pm

I sent an email to Deb last night to let her know all the entries are in. Have not heard back yet so not sure when they will be able to get to the judgeing. Helen has Deb runnin like a chicken on a hot tin roof. LOL They are planning a cruise I believe they are leaving on the 1st. So not sure when they will do the judgeing and being they are doing it out of the kindness of their heart don't want to put ANY pressure on them. Knowing the perfectionists they both are they may have to look at them for a couple of days to really decide whom is first place. All of you have done such a wonderful job. I am so glad that I do not have to pick just one out of all the lovely entries. So we will all have to be patient and stay on pins and needles. Baby is not quite ready for her new mommy either. UGH This going to Deb's class has set me behind in everything. And my new sculp "I'm Free" keeps calling to me. LOL I am sure you all know how that is. So will let you know just as soon as I know.
Good luck to all of you and wish you could all win.
Hugs Tenderspirit I brought the little baby to the event and everyone thought she was precious. I was so happy everyone liked my work. They all gave me added confindence especially since they liked mine better than the well known artist's baby whom I purchased. That made my heart skip.
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Tenderspirit on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:43 pm

I sent an email to Deb last night to let her know all the entries are in. Have not heard back yet so not sure when they will be able to get to the judgeing. Helen has Deb runnin like a chicken on a hot tin roof. LOL They are planning a cruise I believe they are leaving on the 1st. So not sure when they will do the judgeing and being they are doing it out of the kindness of their heart don't want to put ANY pressure on them. Knowing the perfectionists they both are they may have to look at them for a couple of days to really decide whom is first place. All of you have done such a wonderful job. I am so glad that I do not have to pick just one out of all the lovely entries. So we will all have to be patient and stay on pins and needles. Baby is not quite ready for her new mommy either. UGH This going to Deb's class has set me behind in everything. And my new sculp "I'm Free" keeps calling to me. LOL I am sure you all know how that is. So will let you know just as soon as I know.
Good luck to all of you and wish you could all win.
Hugs Tenderspirit I brought the little baby to the event and everyone thought she was precious. I was so happy everyone liked my work. They all gave me added confindence especially since they liked mine better than the well known artist's baby whom I purchased. That made my heart skip.
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Previous

Return to Contests