"Paymate" Payment Gateway...for FAEBAE?

News and announcements of auctions facilitated on this site.

"Paymate" Payment Gateway...for FAEBAE?

Postby Xena4635 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I got to thinking about an email I got not long ago from someone inquiring about Paymate and how it would be nice if FAEBAE was compatible or set up with a different payment gateway besides PayPal for Buyer to Seller payments.

I want to make sure everyone understands that FAEBAE does not have any particular policy on how you invoice your buyers, except it must be a "secure" payment gateway. You can select to show whether you accept "Money Order" "Check" "PayPal" or "Other". The "other" means you can choose to invoice your buyers from another secure payment gateway of your choice so long as your buyer is comfortable with it and it is secure.

I'm not personally familair with Paymate, but I have checked out their site and services and if everyone is in agreement, I can add that in the Payment types accepted area for future use. However, that will just let your Buyer know you invoice via Paymate. (You can also select more than one payment type you accept)

You will need to generate a payment request or invoice within your payment gateway account and send it to your buyer. This should not be difficult. Just go to your "Expired Listings" which shows you all listings that have ended, get the email address of the winning buyer, listing ID # and total due, add your shipping and handling and send the request to your buyer using your Paymate or PayPal account.

I wanted Sellers to have the flexibility of doing things "their way" and accepting payments, to me, is something I like to have control over. I don't like to be forced to do anything I'm not comfortable with - especially when it comes to my money! LOL

But then again, there is the "option" of selecting to use the automatic PayPal payment link for each listing you post. What that does is it generates a payment link for the buyer to pay immediately after purchasing the item. It's a really convenient thing if you add the flat rate cost for shipping, insurance etc in the listing so it can be added to the total due and then the buyer is given the ability to pay immediately using the link.

I'm currently working with our developers on making the Payment link so it can be controlled by the Seller. So if you select to use the payment link in a listing and after the sale you want to invoice the buyer a "different way" or generate an invoice to combine items, change shipping or whatever, then you can "turn off" the payment link once you receive your payment via the other method. This is in the works :-)

Please give me your thoughts on this, I may, at a later date, be able to integrate another payment gateway so it's seamless with FAEBAE or possibly add additional "features" to the Buyer/Seller check out process.

One more thing... I wanted to help clarify what the "Account Finance" area is for in the "My Account" area.

There are small fees for certain listing upgrades like featured, bold, better placement and now .25 for attention getters.
In order to keep you from having to pay .25 each time you want to use an attention getter... you can add "funds" in $5.00 increments to your "Account Balance". Your account will then just automatically reduce the balance until you need to refill for additional spending. If you just place regular ads and listings then you don't need to worry about using this site feature because it's free. This was just meant to keep you from having to go through PayPal every time you wanted to buy a .25 attention getter! LOL

Thanks everyone, BIG FAT SQUISHY HUGS! :blink: :-)
-Kendra
Keepers of the Wood Studio OOAK Fantasy Sculptures Art of Kendra Marie Gilbert
I sell my work on http://wwwfaebae.com! and http://www.keepersofthewood.com!
Xena4635
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Re: "Paymate" Payment Gateway...for FAEBAE?

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:38 am

That will be good to know if it ever comes up.
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Xena4635 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 am

Hmmmm... well looking further into Paymate, I see that you cannot actually generate payment requests or invoices from their site which is a bit of a bummer. I've tried to implement an invoice feature for FAEBAE in the past and just have not really been happy yet with anything to make it permanent. I sort of like the idea that I can choose how to invoice my buyers right now on FAEBAE, whether I send a payment request or invoice directly from my own PayPal account or use the automatic payment link that the site generates (if you select it during the listing process) has been working pretty good.

I'm currently researching on-line invoicing applications that are free or have a small monthly fee that will allow everyone to have a choice on how to collect from their buyers if they don't want to use PayPal. There are actually quite a few, I was surprised that Paymate won't allow you to generate payment requests. So, I'm going to approach my team to find out how much (time and money) it will take to integrate another gateway or integrate an on-line invoice application.

See, right now, FAEBAE does each transaction seperate. If you use the automatic payment link, it generates a seperate payment link for each item purchased. But, if you are a retailer and have multiple items for sale at one, I don't suggest using that feature at the moment, I suggest invoicing your buyers directly from your own secure payment gateway of choice (like PayPal) so you can combine the order if they purchase more than one item.

Again, FAEBAE Classified Ads are going to be the way to go if you want to sell "multiples" of the same item.
Because we are about to release a new feature that will let you do that, list items with "stock inventory".

I will soon be adding a "Development" page on FAEBAE showing the things we would like to do, the budget needed, and a donation link if you would like to help support that particular "feature's" development.

But for now, FAEBAE is secure and stable. And as long as you communicate with your Buyers, transactions should run smoothly.

I also suggest researching for on-line invoice applications that will allow you to invoice your buyers and offer secure payment gateways to accept payment, if anyone finds something good let me know. PayPal just seems to be the standard everyone has gotten used to, it does not mean we are stuck with it :-)

Share your ideas on this please :-)
Keepers of the Wood Studio OOAK Fantasy Sculptures Art of Kendra Marie Gilbert
I sell my work on http://wwwfaebae.com! and http://www.keepersofthewood.com!
Xena4635
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Potatoesi on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:11 pm

It is a very tricky thing, if I had thought alone.
Potatoesi
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Faebae Auction News and Listings