patricia rose pretty faces or sexy lady

Post here your opinion about your purchased sculpting videos, clays, tools, etc. Good or bad, we want to know.

patricia rose pretty faces or sexy lady

Postby caza5 on Sat May 29, 2010 12:17 pm

hi i was wondering if any of u could help i was wandering if to kill two bird with on stone i need help with female faces but help with feet too so would i be better getting pretty faces or sexy lady because it shows faces and feet just wonded if any of u had them and what was your thought thanks caza xx
caza5
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Re: patricia rose pretty faces or sexy lady

Postby Maggie on Mon May 31, 2010 6:24 am

I have the sexy lady one Caza and I found that quite helpful. Patricia does talk a lot but she does show you what to do.
Maggie

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Mon May 31, 2010 6:47 am

lol Maggie, that is so funny. I have always thought that too. She does talk alot during the video but it is still a very useful tut. I was actually going to recommend the same one. The pretty lady video goes into detail on the face hands and feet as well as the body, scale, posing ans smoothing. It is the most complete of all the videos. The faces video will show you some things that the other does not but I wouldn't say it would replace the Sexy lady video as my fav. I have rewatched all of them many many times. I also have the Creagar videos, again very helpful. But for a first video I would say sexy lady.
Feet and hands are as much about practice as method. I have seen the video so many times you would think I would have perfect hands everytime. But the truth is it IS about practice. Remembering there are bones underneath. (Looking at the fingers in terms of the flat areas rather then the round ones.) When you look at your hand along the line of your pointer finger, there are 4 flat plains. The tip the center bone the longer main bone the attaches to the knuckle ad the back of the hand. Bending the finger is where you must practice the most. Otherwise no matter how you post the hand it looks unnatural. The bones are very important. Ithink she covers the bone instructions in the hands and feet video only, but doubles up on most everything else in the sexy lady video. My hands did improve after hearing her talk about the bones though. It is weird because in my anatomy drawing class we covered the exact same information but It toally slipped my mind as I was working on the clay. I think the fact that those classes were between 20 and 25 yrs ago may have had something to do with it. LOL Hope this babbling was helpful.
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby caza5 on Mon May 31, 2010 1:31 pm

thanks so much both of u i will get the sexy lady one and give it a go i keep coming across alot of sculpters that r brill at painting and drawing i carnt draw to save my life sorry about babbling its just i saw that u had had some drawing lessons too linda and it made me think caza xx
caza5
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Mon May 31, 2010 3:39 pm

I was an art ajor in high school. Now they call it Magnet studies. We were exposed to many different media in our classes. I liked painting best and drawing class was awesome. I sketched on everything I owned. even my clothes. LOL We did one figure study class, but had no model, we had to work from pictures. It was really hard and I didn't like it very much. But my teacher was a painter not a sculptor so he wasn't a very good teacher for that part of the program. I guess that is why I never really learned all that much from my High scool sculpting class, other then clay was cool. I was lucky enough though to have a fantastic artist and sculptor in college. Ralph Bainey. He was awesome. He taught me alot. But after a nearly 20 year break from art classes it was Patricia that helped me get my hands to move right with the clay. I mean having her in a room and being able to ask questions would have been the ideal thing but DVD was the best I could get. Having to learn on your own with just a video and tuts to guide you is a tough way to go but it is so much better then just being put in a room with clay a picture and some sculpting tools and told now recreate the image in your picture. Be creative.. LOL Patricias video is a world class miracle worker compaired to my high school art teachers method. ROTFL Plus having ODA is a major blessing. I didn't find ODA until June of 09. I started sculpting in February of 09. So for the first few months I was flying on DVD power alone. But I am really happy with my progress and I know the DVD will help you too.
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Sharon-nz on Mon May 31, 2010 3:40 pm

All this is very helpful ladies, must save and get some of these DVDs -
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Return to Reviews