new things

Talk about your Dolls and work in progress here.

new things

Postby phairee004 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 am

hi everyone!
well its been a little while since sculpting my last piece.

i have decided to try my hand at air dry clay & picked up some la doll clay. i am finishing some pieces ive had since around october. the first one has an already made polymer clay body but to give a more light feeling then. i wanted to finish with ADC and then her head and hands will be finished with PC.....i think she will be my cirque du ballet #3!

the 2nd one is a new series, and im not sure what to call it yet. shes sort of the ring leader of the whole group.i have big plans and something that will hopefully will mark my signature (to me ;) ).
i just need to finish her head and arms and hand and then costume her and she will be complete.

thanks for peeking
hugs
~candis

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Re: new things

Postby caza5 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:47 pm

carnt wait to see more i wish my legs what i sculpt looked like that caza xx
caza5
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby PixieKnoll on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:02 pm

ooooooh, you are such a tease with these pictures. Have you no shame? hahaha I can't wait to see what they will be. :-)
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby phairee004 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:25 am

my first time sculpting eyes that are turned, so i am not compeltely satisfied with this head, i guess i'm out of practice......i gotta fix her face, or make a new one. i just hate gouging out the eyes. ugh! ok BBL :)
CB#3

thanks for peeking :)

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby caza5 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 pm

owwwwwwwwww i like her eyes i was going to have a go at turned eyes but i dont think i would get em right yours look good shes looking at me so i think there in the right position caza xx
caza5
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:38 pm

I hate inset eyes, but I love love how they look once they are in. Have you tried the skull thing yet. Check out Madsculptor on facebook. He does this thing with a skull that lets you set the eyes into an under armature skull get them and equal depth and pointing in the same direction. Then bake them in place. Then add yout skin clay over top. If works very well actually,once you get used to the process. Actually If you not going to have teeth showing it is pretty simple. Best part is the eyes do not move around while your sculpting. I can't tell you how many times I pushed to hard while smoothing and mae one eye set in farther then the other and ended up having to dig them back out and start over. But it is all good practice. BTW those eyes are gorgeous. did you make them yourself?
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Dezhire on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:27 am

Candis, she is looking great! I LOVE HER SEXY LEGS!
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby phairee004 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 am

thanks ladies, :D
linda, i havent tried that method yet and it wouldnt hurt to try next time :) and of course i made the eyes ;)

i worked a little on her yesterday and i am loving this ADC,very easy to work with and you can use your heat gun to set it almost instantly then go back sand or cut away what you need! add more if you need to! its great stuff!

i bulked the legs up and i will continue to work on the rest of the body today i hope, if nap time doesnt sneak up on me . hehehe

possibly work on the 2nd doll....will get back to you all later on that.
hugs

team maggie!!!

phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Natalie on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Candis, I'd love to have these legs and I actually like the face you did. The eyes are perfect, as Caza said, they are looking at you. But I also know how fussy and unpleased one can be with the own work... so I can't wait to see the new head :)
"We've got to get in to get out"
Natalie
Honored Poster
Honored Poster

Postby phairee004 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:18 am

lol thanks natalie :)
if anyone knows me by now, i am never pleased with my own work :P

but this is a reference also i found about setting the eyes, its from judy raleys once we were fairies....i might try this method too

to enlarge it this is the link
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Y9C1mOJskHw/TP5r5g-vnWI/AAAAAAAAAcs/7bpnNLkSaek/s1600/sculpting+tip+col+A.jpg

team maggie!!!

phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby muts on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:53 pm

funny you put that up candis i was gonna say y dont you get them where ya want them then bake before doing the rest of the face hehe
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby phairee004 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:38 pm

i know zoe, im such a dork! :P

i get frustrated if i work on something too long and dont like the way its looking so i say "OH WELL' and take it as it is,
and just continue on...
i need more patience (????)

team maggie!!!

phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby muts on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:02 am

you n me both hun in all my life hehe xx
»MÛ¯|¯£€¥«
Imagemaggie xx
muts
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby IrisB on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Those legs look really nice. I bet she will be beautiful.
To clay is to dream.
IrisB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Return to In the Works/Doll Talk