i was just wondering ?

Ask here about costuming , making wings , eyes etc.....

i was just wondering ?

Postby caza5 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:12 pm

i was just wondering can nealy all of u that do sculpting draw and paint because when i look at most peoples blog they have lovely paintings and drawings i can not draw to save my life and when i see madsculptors blog he draws all his ideas on paper and go from there i can only do it from my head do any of u just do it from your head or does it help been able to draw and yes i do talk alot of crap sometimes hehehe but just thought i would tell u my thought lol :crazy: caza xx
caza5
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Re: i was just wondering ?

Postby Sharon-nz on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:37 pm

I used to be able to draw but struggle now, maybe I need to do that for the ideas, not that I have many of them either LOL...
Sharon-nz
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby caza5 on Mon May 02, 2011 12:57 pm

i no i get stuck for ideas too at times god nos how all these sculptors that sculpt one a week gets all theres ideas from i get brain block on them as it is lol caza xx
caza5
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Jules_NZ on Tue May 03, 2011 6:22 pm

I used to love sketching, and drawing faces
And I love to paint - but I've never been able to paint as well as I would like

I dont have any time for drawing these days though :(
But still, I get to sculpt and that is pretty cool :)
Jules_NZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby phairee004 on Wed May 04, 2011 7:54 am

julie i have to agree with everything you said :)
i use to draw & sketch, and never really was the best at painting though....
i can "blush" decently enough for sculpts. LOL!

caza, once in a while i will sketch something out...but usually if its a pose i try to search for it first if i have it in my head...
stock photos are wonderful for poses but for dressing or making a theme for the sculpt is something that comes from inspiration for me, seeing something on the tv, or radomly searching images :)

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Dezhire on Sun May 08, 2011 5:06 am

I use a lot of reference pictures because I draw stick figures...LOL. Ok, not really true, I love to paint and I do draw some things on occasion to get the idea I want, but for the most part, I sculpt from my head and heart!
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby caza5 on Sun May 08, 2011 6:33 am

i like to look at pics to get ideas i can do lots of things out of my head but ask me to write or draw and i have no chance thanks ladies for listerning to me waffle on lol caza xx
caza5
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Mon May 09, 2011 5:06 am

I was an art major in High school. I sketch, pen and ink, paint in water color, acrylic, and oil. I used to have a very large collection of my previous work. Painting etc. But my house flooded and almost everything was ruined. I have not painted in years other then painting my own sculpture. But I am seeing it is becoming a trendy thing to have diverse talent. So I am planning a few more multi media projects. I am addicted to sculpting now so not incorporating sculpting would be totally uninteresting to me. As for sketching your pieces first. If you can keep the image in your head and still see it clearly then go for it. No need to change. But some artists like to use a sketch as a blue print to follow for scale as well as to get a solid line on pose and the fine details, especially if you sculpt alot of the detail into the clay like clothes or scars or armor and things like that. Not everyone is good at everything. But you also never know what you'll be good at until you try. So give it a try.
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby caza5 on Mon May 09, 2011 2:12 pm

i like lots of other art too like card making and rhinestoning t shirts and bags any thing they will stick too but now i love sculpting i carnt draw at all i would not say i could paint eather but i did win a painting compertition when i was 7 i have to go on reference pic thank you for sending my that woman its been a big help caza xx
caza5
Post-a-holic
Post-a-holic

Return to General Q & A