Louse on hair!

Ask here about costuming , making wings , eyes etc.....

Louse on hair!

Postby Dreamsofmaja on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:11 am

Hi!
I bought a mohair hair from Germany and I found louses on the hair.Ok,I bought a cheapest mohair,maybe that's why they are on(hopefully they are already dead...).
So any tipps,how I can clean from them or just comb out from hair?And maybe next time I must quality mohair or tibetan lamb hair buying?Someone already met with louse?
Thanks,
Hugs,Gabriella
Dreamsofmaja
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Louse on hair!

Postby Tenderspirit on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:40 pm

http://www.vet.bc.ca/site/view/54286_lice.pml Here is a website about animal lice. Being you don't have to worry about a live animal or live human you might want to soak the hair in an animal flee shampoo or even in something stronger. I would say that they are dead as they have no host but, if their are still live eggs they can hatch and then would be alive. Not sure if putting the hair in a plastic bag and putting it in the freezer might insure they are dead. Can't imagine the egg could survive freezing. dunno Maybe too, just putting the hair in a sealed jar with no air might insure they are dead. Can't imagine much can live without air. So that is my 2 cents. Also would sure comb out any nits as that is just grose. Hugs Elsie
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Dreamsofmaja on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks for the tipps!I hope haven't any eggs...will see...The hairs are in a lockup bag.
Hugs,
Gabriella
Dreamsofmaja
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:40 am

I jiust found this on facebook it is for children when they get lice. Unfortunately they do get them from school sometimes. So thought I would post it here for all of you as it is a good holistic way instead of having to buy that expensive Kwell stuff. (spelling???)
For future reference, pray never have to use this.............. Coconut oil + apple cider vinegar to treat head lice. ... Coconut oil dissolves the lice's outer skeletal shell instantly. So once you put it on someone's head you can have them shower and rinse it off right away and all the lice will be killed and gone! Plus there are no chemicals! Hugs Elsie
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Dreamsofmaja on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:49 am

Thank you Tenderspirit!I will try this.You are so kind : )!
But why may not use anymore?
Hugs,
Gabriella
Dreamsofmaja
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:09 pm

I meant pray that your children never get louse or head lice, so that it would never be needed in the first place. Hugs
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Dreamsofmaja on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Ohh!Ok,I understand : ))).I hope too!
Hugs
Dreamsofmaja
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby amandawilliams on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:47 pm

Why don't you go for natural products like "Kadi" ? They have favorable results on hairs..It helps to avert any side effects and have long lasting results too..Go for it from http://www.naturalbraid.com/index.php?r ... ry&path=79
amandawilliams
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Dreamsofmaja on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:56 pm

Thank you the link Amanda!
Dreamsofmaja
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Return to General Q & A