Hi, Im new here from Ohio

Introduce yourself here. Post your eBay name if you wish and some info about your artwork. Or if you're a buyer post info about the dolls you buy.

Hi, Im new here from Ohio

Postby Summersethomes on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:59 am

Good Morning

I never knew a place like this existed and I'm very happy to have found you.
I don't know if I should go into my background because it's very long but I will say'
that I've been crafting for a very long time. I started with doll houses, then diaramas and
now polyerclay interests me

it's lovely to meet all of you and I'm sure we'll be great friends

Hugs

Marisa
It's Just me....Marisa :)
Summersethomes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Hi, Im new here from Ohio

Postby Linda Ehrenfried on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:22 am

welcome to ODA Marisa. You are right about this being a great site. You will find that the people here are very friendly and the resources the site offers to artists are absolutely worth the cost of admission. It is very nice to meet you. Welcome aboard. LOL Linda
Morphing a ball of clay and wire into something beautiful is magical. It puts a bright light in my heart to see what my otherwise clumsy hands have created.
Linda Ehrenfried
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Summersethomes on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:41 am

Hello linda

I took a peek at your site your dolls are lovely, I feel like the new kid in school this is
so far out of my league but I want to learn and I love being creative it's just something inside me
that I need to do.

thanks for the welcome and your art is just awesome!

Hugs

Marisa
Summersethomes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby tryny000 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:31 am

Welcome to ODA Marisa!!
The Practice make's masters. Never give up.
Blog: http://doll-tears.blogspot.com

tryny000
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Summersethomes on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:54 am

thanks and your lotty is beautiful.
Summersethomes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby PixieKnoll on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 am

Welcome to ODA, Marisa! You have now found your new home away from home! It's really a great place to be and I'm sure you will not only make many new friends here, but be extremely happy too! I can't wait to see some of your wonderful creations.

Hugs,
Lori
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Summersethomes on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:05 am

Hi Lori

It's great to be here and all of you are so creative, your website is just beautiful Lori
Im sitting here with tears in my eyes because I can't believe I'm actually here with you guys
I felt like I was all alone for so long to find a place with all this support and caring is just wonderful
I am still working on my first doll but when I finish it I will be proud to share it

thanks for the warm welcome :)

Marisa
Summersethomes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby echosheart on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:14 am

Welcome Marisa, I am fairly new here but have already made so many wonderful friends. You will fit right in and it will be like we have known you for years in next to no time :) I cant wait to see your work. Big hugs, Rachel xx
echosheart
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby Summersethomes on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:52 am

Hi Rachel,
thank you for your kindness and warm words, I feel guilty because I haven't been working on my dolls lately *not my fault the basement has a leak, water has gotten in* that is were I work so we spent the last two weekends cleaning up down there. but I feel inspired so I'll be sharing my work soon.

Hugs

Marisa :)
Summersethomes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby PixieKnoll on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Awe, Marisa...I hope you get it all sorted out soon down in the basement. If not...you can always come to Florida and partake of my outdoor studio! I will share pics in the chit chat section! In the meantime, plop open a t.v. tray and sit any place comfortable and have a playing with clay party!

And, too, thank you for your lovely compliment on my website. That really means a lot to me and I am very humbled. Thank you with all my heart. <3

Hugs,
Lori
There is nothing more beautiful in this world than the imagination that brings forth another.
http://www.thepixieknoll.com
http://www.pixieknoll.etsy.com
http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com
PixieKnoll
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby fabrags on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi Marisa,

A warm welcome to ODA, you will love it here, I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugs Susan x
fabrags
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby Dezhire on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:15 am

Hi Marisa!!! OMG, I'm from Ohio, where are you????? That is so exciting to hear...
WELCOME to ODA!! You will love it here! I love it (I just wish I could be here more than I am...*sigh*, I miss everyone so much). I can't wait to see your work. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, everyone here is so helpful.
Hugs!!!
Amy
Dezhire
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby phairee004 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:34 am

hi marisa!
welcome to oda! i dont believe there is another place like ODA out there! i have sooo much love for this place because it is where i have learned everything about sculpting. it was always my intentions to create dolls, and i seriously was going to try porcelain first, but then after doing so much research and calculating and based on my income a few years ago...it was not happening until i came across other artists and ODA, where i stayed a lurker for some time... then my whole world came alive with wanting to sculpt in clay! i love it!!! its fun and you learn with each one. i have 2 kids that come first, so sclupting is my passion but when i get a chance to do it : )
i hope you will stay with us and share your work. if you have any questions, usually there is someone who knows, or can point you in the right direction...everyone is so helpful, caring & supportive here. again, welcome!
~candis

team maggie!!!

“We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly”~sam keen
phairee004
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Summersethomes on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:06 am

Hi Candice and Amy and Susan :)

Yes I live in a little village called Baltic, it's so small that if you blinked you'd miss it but I love it there
I'm going to pull out my clay and work on the kitchen table again like I did before we cleaned up the basement space
from the looks of things I wont be down there for a while which is ok.

Im working on my face tonight and I'll post photos so you guys can see, I want to put in eyes but....we'll see
first things first

Hugs to you all
Marisa :)
Summersethomes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Maggie on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:29 am

Hi Marisa and a very warm welcome to ODA. You will find a lot of friendly support here so when you're ready to show your work just go ahead and do it. Everyone here is lovely and will encourage you. X
Maggie

Postby kim007red on Sat May 01, 2010 1:14 am

Hiya hon, welcolme to this site, you will just love it - everyone is soooo nice and helpful and I have learned so much being here. When you do post something it is such a great feeling to here everyone's comments and makes you want to finish your piece quicker :) Good luck and look forward to seeing your work xxx
It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.
kim007red
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Postby Summersethomes on Tue May 04, 2010 5:51 am

thanks guys

I had a little trouble getting back here because I'm not used to computers but I made it with a little help :)

I didn't work on my doll for the past few days but I will get too do it tonight, I have some free time

Im so happy to be back :)

Hugs

Marisa
Summersethomes
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Return to Introductions