Hello everyone from Auckland, New Zealand

Introduce yourself here. Post your eBay name if you wish and some info about your artwork. Or if you're a buyer post info about the dolls you buy.

Hello everyone from Auckland, New Zealand

Postby rx7_batgirl on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi everyone, I am a complete newbie and thought I would join as this place rocks! It seems like a really valuable source of support, and information. I had a look on facebook to see if there is a supportive network of artists there but have yet to find anything, mostly just found groups which are sell pages more than anything else.
I have yet to make my first doll, I am waiting for some supplies to arrive :-)
I have read heaps and watched some video tutorials on youtube which has probably only confused me more than anything. I read some of the info on the archives here but a lot of the links appear to be dead now that people referred to. I am looking forward to learning and then being able to pay that forward once I figure things out.
About me:
I am a manufacturing jeweller by trade, I am used to working with itty bitty tiny things like .70mm diamonds and fine filigree metalwork, I suppose that and wax carving are the only transferable skills I bring to this new area of doll making. I am not intending to make dolls to sell, I already do that with my main art form - jewellery, the dolls are a further creative release for me and a welcome distraction when I get fed up with bashing my head against a wall with jewellery manufacturing. I hope to be able to make polymer clay sculpted dolls to display in my store as a means of drawing people in but that's about it. The engineer in me wants to give BJD making a go at some point too just to see if I can do it . .but baby steps.
I may also try some experimental things tying doll making and the new technology I use together somehow (CAD modelling and 3D printing). I also want to make gold and silver 'bits' to adorn my dolls with, we will see what happens!
rx7_batgirl
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Hello everyone from Auckland, New Zealand

Postby Tenderspirit on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:34 pm

I am sorry so many links are dead. People abandon their websites so often. The forum here is really slow compaired to what it used to be. So many are now on Facebook and what little time they have is spent there. ugh But many people do still stop by when they can. It might take awhile but I want to assure you, you are welcome here and others will stop by and welcome you too. I think you will love the clay as for me it brings back the little child in me and is a very relaxing thing to do. Though I sculpt very little. I am a reborn artist. I have not done that much either though sense my mother died a year and a half ago. But hopefully will get inspired to make some new babies. I have gotten into web design the past 3 years or so and at the moment that and graphics seem to be my passion. Once an artist I know that no matter what it is my passion to create. Again welcome and please feel free to ask questions as the people who are here are always great to answer. Big Hugs Elsie
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Hello everyone from Auckland, New Zealand

Postby Potatoesi on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:11 pm

I do not understand about the stories I want to ask you to help me.
Potatoesi
New Poster
New Poster

Return to Introductions