I am making the forum free again

Guest & Potential New Members:
Please read here first!

I am making the forum free again

Postby Tenderspirit on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:59 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am making the forum free again. If you wish to continue to support the site then you can continue to do so. There will still be the same $20.00 a year charge if you want to use the virtual gallery, and I have to keep the free products locked as I don't have permission to give them away free unless they are in a paid membership.

It was my hope that people would tell me what they wanted in there and I could add lots more. But, noone told me any that I had, not many art related ones did I have. But I do have recipe, and all kinds of other stuff. Which if you continue to support the site you will still have access.

The biggest problem is I am going to have to change the darn password every month because of how the system works and those who continue to pay the $20.00 or $2.00 a month will be able to log into the http://ooakdollart.com/members area and there will a page that has the new password. I am going to keep the user name the same. I know it is a pain in the butt, but it is all I can do. That will not apply to the forums though as you will no longer need to login and that pop up box won't come up. That also means you can post links to your gallery pictures again and people can see them, since there is no pop up box on it. That was one of things I hated having locked but it was part of the forum. Noone used the new one on the site so I am going to have Julie remove it.

As so many people are on Facebook and it is getting slower and slower here I would much rather give people free access to all the forums then have ODA die. It has been here too long and has too much valuable information that can be helpful to others.

As you all know I have never been here for the money. The site does not make much moeny at all. I make more in 3 hours doing accounting than the site brings in a month. And all of the money goes back into buying new Daz files and paying for the site and the reborns that I send when we reach another 100 people that signed up rather they stay or not.

I am also going to remove the 30 day trial since people can now use the forums free. I am not sure this is going to help people to stay and post but I don't know what else to do. I love ODA and I know many of you do to, so I am doing the only thing I know that might help.

Please let people know, perhaps you can all post it on your facebook pages too. As I will also do.
For all of you that have been supportive I would like to give a big thank you. But you are welcome to cancel your subscriptions and you will still have access to that membership page until your subscription totally expires.

Also everyone that is supportive will have a special class under there name in the stars. Julie is going to set that up.
If anyone has any suggestions or comments, they are welcome. As I have always said ODA is a we site, it is not just my site.

Big Hugs Tenderspirit

P.S. I am sorry if my comments are short lately. I have been sick to my stomach for over a month and don't know why and cannot afford to go to the doctor until January. ugh I thought it was my eyes but the doctor says again my eyes are fine. Though I do have the floaters now in the left eye, and that maybe the cause of the sick stomach and might go away once the eye is done doing what it does, it is something that separates in the back of the eye (but not the retina) so we will see. :loony: :loony: :loony:
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: I am making the forum free again

Postby Jules_NZ on Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:12 pm

I think this is wonderful of you Tenderspirit to make the forum free again
I too would love to see it return to its glory days

I myself have been slack in posting updates of my lastest work, but I have lots of sculptures in the pipeline for this year, so will make an effort to get back to posting on ODA and reading up on all the wonderful work other members have made
Jules_NZ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lies on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:42 pm

I never left the forum, I didn't post a lot because I'm making glass beads now, but I want to sculp again.
I love oda to much.
lies
Cherished Poster
Cherished Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:19 pm

So nice to hear from you again, I have missed you :>) Big Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Toneth on Tue May 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Does this mean I can start posting here even though I complained on the OOAKGuild forum when you had to start charging ? :blush:

I just noticed that your forum is free once again. :blink:
Toneth
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Wed May 02, 2012 12:50 am

Tony you have always been welcome. Everyone has the right to speak their thoughts and that is what you did. I did not take offense to it and always prayed you would come back home. hehe So welcome back. big Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Toneth on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:38 am

Are you having problems with hacking on this forum ? I keep getting email notifications of conversations in this topic which look very strange. After a while they all get deleted.

How strange
Toneth
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:10 am

Sorry Toneth, we had two spamm and hundreds of post by them. I got them. Being I don't have internet at the moment so with my mother dying I don't get to get out to check it too much. Just a few times a week. grrrWill try to check as often as possible but my darn battery on my laptop goes dead quick. Big Hugs Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Postby Toneth on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:30 am

How frustrating for you. Hope it stops soon. The thing is with people like that is when you stop them one way, they always seem to find another way of spamming and hacking. :mad:

In the meantime I'll just unsubscribe to this topic.
Toneth
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby carota72 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:19 am

Toneth, as a moderator I'm doing all I can to get rid of those stupid spammers, but one of them has seriously nothing to do and keep creating new accounts and spamming with hundreds of posts at time (more likely 300-350 at time)... Sometimes I ban him while he is online doing his nasty job LOL But to erase all that it took me hours, that's why you don't see the posts erased as soon as I ban the spammer...
Elsie, take care of you and your mom... Moderators will keep the forum clean ;)
carota72

Postby Sudsy on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:59 am

Thank you for making it free once again! I was only absent of the forum for that reason and greatly missed the forum for the sculpting advice.
Sudsy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Postby Tenderspirit on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Awe I wish you would have told me, I offered to sponcor anyone who could not afford it. I said over and over I did not want to loose anyone because it was not free. In any case very happy to have you back. It has been prety slow with so many doing most of their free time on Facebook. But there are some of us tried and true that are still here and don't do much on facebook. hehe Big Hugs and Welcome back. Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Welcome, Guest!!!